Main Menu

1972 'Cuda (FY1) - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, January 07, 2017, 02:22:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Tie rods and steering is in. I can turn the wheels now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

Super impressive!!!!  You are kicking butt!  Keep up the fantastic work.   :1place:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 11, 2017, 11:48:30 AM
Super impressive!!!!  You are kicking butt!  Keep up the fantastic work.   :1place:

I Agree... Impressive build.. :cheers:

GoodysGotaCuda

Thanks guys!

Some fuel system parts showed up.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

usraptor

WOW!  Impressive progress!   :twothumbsup:  You're going to pass me on getting her done in no time! 

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: usraptor on April 13, 2017, 07:55:36 AM
WOW!  Impressive progress!   :twothumbsup:  You're going to pass me on getting her done in no time!

Oh I'm not sure, our spring and summer is pretty booked up. We have a 2 week Italy trip where you can get further head!

For now I have just been going out to the garage after my daughter goes to bed and before I am too tired to go to work in the morning. Really pushing to wrap things up this summer.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

Marc70challenger

Simply amazing and awesome.

If I were doing a resto mod'ish cool driver I'd follow this almost to a T .... including the yellow.  :banana:

GoodysGotaCuda

Progress has been slow lately but I am spooling back up a little sprint on work for the next few weeks.

I managed to get a $250 set of Aeromotive fuel rails off of an Amazon price dip for $95. Unfortunately they come in a horrid anodized red, which would screw up my feng shui! I picked up some new injectors and treated the rails to a coat of gunmetal grey to help blend in a little better. Along with that, I have kicked off the fuel system by mocking up the TanksInc tank in the car. The JakeFab puck is close, but appears to fit under the floor.

I have some basic lines made up to the filter/regulator and will work on a rollover vent mount as well. The 6AN fuel line routes along the passenger rail [previous post] and witin the subframe connector. That was made possible by some very early planning when things went together, so far it seems to be just right.

I also finished up the installation of my Hotchkis rear sway bar, I needed to weld on the chassis mounts for it. I wanted to make sure my line routing accounted for all of those parts back there.

That's all for now!
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

:banana:  Looking good.  Won't be long before you are driving it!   :veryexcited:

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: TobiasM on May 22, 2017, 02:50:34 PM
Very cool result for being home grown...big thumbs for that built!

Thanks! It's all home grown but the paint!
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

I am creeping up on a fully wired and validated electrical system, which is a pretty big milestone for me. I can talk to the Megasquirt and load tunes, make changes and test some of the systems.

Hopefully these videos work:

Tach test

Coil test

Injector test [all, sequential injection]

Edit: Cuda Cody to fix links so those play.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Looks like your close to making some noise..... :twothumbsup: