Main Menu

69 383 Formula S 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, September 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

headejm

:iagree: I've seen this car in person and it is as nice as the pictures make it look. Shane takes his time and does everything the right way.  :cheers:

RusTy/SE

That is so nice on so many levels, thanks for sharing  :bradsthumb:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Shane Kelley

Few more pics of progress. I'm glad to have all the sound deadener done. That stuff takes way longer than you would think especially getting into all the grooves and making good contact everywhere. Everything pertaining to the dash is done except waiting on the knobs to come back from chrome plating.

Marc70challenger

Wow!  I don't know how I missed this thread before today. What an awesome job and set of skills Shane!

Shane Kelley

Making a little more headway. Lots of metal interior trim to try and get painted this. Time to start on the seats as well.
Front and back glass installed. I find it amazing that no matter how much you get done they never really look like a car until the glass goes in.
Took some time and patience but I got the carpet install and I'm very happy with the way it fits. Also installed the rear trunk finish panel and I have to say it really makes the rear view look nice. Like Alan says "I'm on the home stretch!"

HP_Cuda

It's too clean, is this going into a museum?

:D
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

moparcar

Shane, that looks so awesome. Your builds are an inspiration to us! Thanks for the update.
Wes

RUNCHARGER

looks great: I love this stage and it is hard to stop bolting stuff on. Every piece you add makes the car look better so you want to hang something else on.
Sheldon

moparcar

@Shane Kelley Wow this is turning out awesome I love everything about this and especially that awesome paint work! Mean looking!
Question---what paint are you using for your interior black components such as the steering column, dash, etc.? Are using the suede finish like @Cuda Cody shows in his steering column restoration videos or something else?

Thanks, Wes

Shane Kelley

Quote from: MoparCar on March 25, 2018, 05:40:01 PM
@Shane Kelley Wow this is turning out awesome I love everything about this and especially that awesome paint work! Mean looking!
Question---what paint are you using for your interior black components such as the steering column, dash, etc.? Are using the suede finish like @Cuda Cody shows in his steering column restoration videos or something else?

Thanks, Wes
I did just do a bunch of dash and column parts for a member on here with suede and he loves it. It's a rougher surface than I like. I normally use Sikkens Rally Black a little over reduced. Gives the surface a nice smooth satin finish. I believe SEM has something very comparable.  First pic is the Rally and second is suede.

moparcar

Thanks for the comparison photos and products. They really help. I also prefer the smoother finish as I'm not doing an OEM restoration.
I appreciate the help.

Wes

Shane Kelley

Like Alan says. I'm on the home stretch. Ended up having to switch over to a hydraulic throw out bearing. Just couldn't get the mechanical linkage to clear everything. They made a Z bar to work with the TTI headers. But as i found out it won't clear the Powermaster mini starter on the return stroke. So I couldn't get enough travel out of the linkage. Who would of thought the mini starter caused clearance issues?

3" TTI exhaust is on along with their stainless tips. 3" is quite the battle on a A body. Especially on the passenger side above the axle and squeezed between the gas tank and rear spring shackle.

Hoping to be finished in about 5 weeks. Running out of time so I sent the seat out to get the covers installed. If nothing major pops up I should make it. Lots of trim left to polish and install. That's the last biggest dreaded thing to do along with building the front door vent window assemblies. 

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Shane Kelley

Well first drive from one building down the driveway and back into my main shop. Pretty interesting. Not seat, manual steering and brakes still need bled again so you have to give the pedal a couple pumps. Then there's the clutch pedal thing. Thought I was going to pull the steering wheel off trying to hold myself up and pushing the clutch while steering. I have to say this car is starting to grow on me. When I started this build I just flat out didn't like the looks of these. This one is looking bad ass!