Main Menu

69 Barracuda Fastback G3 Hemi Father Son Project

Started by cudaragtop, May 14, 2017, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaragtop

I guess the pictures didn't show up on my previous post...
So let's try this.

Hard to tell but now there are 3 different blacks... Suede Black Dash Frame, Sem Ultra Trim Satin Black on the bezel where it was originally chrome, and Krylon Fusion, textured satin black on the face where it used to be silver. 3 slightly different shades of black, different textures and different sheens... Poor lighting today, heavy clouds and raining so pretty dark on my patio. Phone flash didn't help much.

Still need to add the silver stripe above the cluster to tie the left and right sides together...
Some silver on the raised circles around the Flasher, Lights and Wiper switch holes too. I have a silver paint pen that might be good for those, and the Trip reset hole depending what function/switch I end up putting there...

Masking off that little fish was a challenge but it worked out. The Script is easily removed and replaced after painting. Was surprised to see copper under the chrome when sanding to rough up the chrome before primer.
I would expect it for a triple chromed bumper but chromed plastic??? I had no idea... "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8