Main Menu

71 Barracuda East Coast

Started by nicka, April 07, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

Quote from: usraptor on December 07, 2020, 09:19:39 AM
Very impressive fabrication skills.  I'm jealous.  Keep up the good work!   :twothumbsup:

:iagree:  That's some serious work being done very well!

cudamadd

Just beautiful work and so skill full . I could not imagine the man hours and cost for some one else to do this amount of work   :australia:

nicka

Tried Herbs Adhesion Promoter and Metallic Green (1200).  I'm happy with the results considering the condition of the interior.

nicka

Decided to pull the Barracuda out the back garage.  Been working on fitment the last few days.  I've got new door skins for both side that I need to install.  Decided to use sheet metal screws.       

nicka

Working on the passenger door skin.  The old door skin shows the factory sound deadener.  Using Resto Ricks sound deadener on the new skins.  What's better than bag and tag? Door shell is in dp90lf primer mode.  Next working on floor.

usraptor

Looking at all those door parts brings back my nightmares about doing what you are currently doing.  :crying: :looney:

nicka

Been a while but still in the sheet metal phase. Its raining today in the Delmarva so good time for a break and update.  Since last update, installed inner fender brackets, went with new repo hood hinges and shaker hood, installed cowl side hinge panels, full floor and both footwells. Before installing the outer rockers, I installed a chrome moly round tube to the inner rocker between the front and rear frame rail. Skinned both doors. Went with new repo door hinges from AMD. Installed the outer rockers.  Installed rear frame rail, trunk floor, rear crossmember extensions and rear crossmember. Next will be the tail light panel.

nicka

I was able to repurpose the old seat brackets under the floor.  Plug welded floor and footwells .  Before removing old floor, I stacked blocks of wood under the floor/rear step well so when I install the new floor, I'll have an accurate rear floor height.

nicka

Removed the old seat covers and prime and paint.  The seat tracks were badly rusted but I was able to blast it greased and working.

nicka

Shaker fitment

nicka

Skinned both doors.

nicka

After installing the frame rails, I used the following product.

nicka

Ordered chrome moly steel from a chassis shop in NC.  Cope cut and some time fitting.

nicka

Had to replace the door jamb lock pillar.

nicka

Outer wheel houses installed.