Main Menu

71 Cuda NZ

Started by Tony 73, May 30, 2020, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tony 73

Valiant going  :banana:, pulled starter apart and gave good clean, cleaned more earths too. We had drive in their driveway.

Been working on my seats, fitting covers from Legendary Interior, going great, seat foam in excellent condition which makes it easier. Have gotten family members to help when extra hands needed. Need to get front screen in.

Thanks  usraptor  :)

wes473

Hello from Idaho, USA!  :unitedstates: I love the B5 blue, one of my favorite colors on these. Looks like you are doing some quality work, this will be quite the road ripper on nz roads! Steady progress is key to projects moving forward,  :cheers:

Tony 73

Cheers wes473.

Engine/4 speed IN,  :ohyeah:, was bit worried we wouldn't get it high enough to get over radiator support, but all good. Most time was spend attaching flywheel/clutch/4 speed. I sense some  shed time coming up .

RUNCHARGER

Always a fulfilling step. It's hard not to work on them every waking hour once the engine is in.
Sheldon

Tony 73

That is the truth, have spent quite a few hours out in shed today. Got starter motor in, Z bar in, shift rods and linkages fitted.

Was getting frustrated lying on my back trying to get spring clips on rods, decided to see if I could get all tabs, rods and shifter connected and the feed back through shifter hole. It worked,  :woohoo:, no loss of skin. Love a hoist.

Tony 73

Getting there, good things take time.

waiting on some parts now. Thought I had correct radiator shroud , turns out it for a 28 in radiator. Have found a buyer for it so got me a new one ordered.

Mocking up exhaust, have to make the 3 foot section from manifold.

usraptor

Love the overhead picture of the six pack carbs!  :yes:  That's jewelry :perfect10: right there.

Tony 73

Been slack on updates sorry.
Few time consuming jobs.
Got the fuel pipes sorted, just need an Air Cleaner. Got a K&N filter today. Will have to find one on eBay , no chance of finding one here in NZ.
Front of exhaust system just needs Tig welding, used a 180 and 90 % bends and 2' of straight.
Got carpet in.
Friend gave me a hand in with the dash yesterday, steering column too. Had to put streering wheel on and shifter in for a pretend drive.
Today I gave interior panels a coat to satin, my redo if look too glossy . Seat back pattern worn, will look at my options.
Really starting to look like a car.

Montclaire

It's pretty sad that you can get more accomplished in New Zealand than I can manage in the states. Haha. Are you near Christchurch? My old 73 Challenger is over there.

Tony 73

Cheers Montclaire, I been time rich lately so got some progress. I live 240 miles from Christchurch, go there often. Tell me more about your Challenger. I got a 73 also.

Montclaire

Quote from: Tony 73 on May 21, 2021, 03:52:43 AM
Cheers Montclaire, I been time rich lately so got some progress. I live 240 miles from Christchurch, go there often. Tell me more about your Challenger. I got a 73 also.

Transplanted 440/auto. I sold it around 2008, it went through a couple of flippers and made its way across the pond.  Here's a picture of it now, it was sublime when I sold it.  I had a lot of good times in that car!  I have a 74 Barracuda now.  Got a pic of your 73?

Tony 73

Nice looking challenger mate, will keep an eye out for it next car show in Christchurch.

Got mine out of San Bernadino , CA in 2010 as a project.

Montclaire

The 72-74s look great in yellow!

YellowThumper

Quote from: Montclaire on May 23, 2021, 07:59:00 AM
The 72-74s look great in yellow!
Yep have to agree....
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

It is a nice looking 73, but,  someone had a hockey stick stripe they didn't want to waste?   :huh:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill