Main Menu

72 Challenger Is Back

Started by 71vert340, November 12, 2022, 06:24:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erat340

What is the story on that caliper anti rattle spring bar? how is it exactly mounted and why?

71vert340

It came with the caliper and  is shown in the FSM. I installed it, since it was included, on the driver's side first. I have it just sitting on top on the passenger side but will install it tomorrow. Drawing shows how it installs over the pins.
 Terry W.

71vert340

Here is the driver's side showing the anti-rattle spring installed.
Terry W.

erat340

Thank you. I have a rh inner pad rattling and have tried that clip but it did not help.

71vert340

I'm thinking if the part labeled as the positioner is loose, then there may be rattling also. I have to check as mine on the drivers side appear loose.
Terry W.

71vert340

I'm working on the engine wiring harness and dash wiring harness now. The engine wiring harness that came with the car had several sections of the harness looped back and forth tie wrapped to itself to take up excess wiring. I laid it out and it's the wiring going to the distributor and to the coil. It looks like it is for a big block engine instead of the small block the car came with. Okay, not a problem. Probably replaced at some time. I am using the FSM and need to get an Ignition Control Module. I would prefer to stay with the stock ignition system. Only the 4 pin module is listed as available for Challenger, on line, unless I order the 5 pin 1972-74 Dodge M300 module. The 1972 FSM shows the car should have the 5 pin module. Why would every chart list the 4 pin module as stock? I've included the FSM drawing photo. What have some of you found with the stock system?
Terry W.

71vert340

After doing more research on this, I found out that I use the 4 blade ballast resistor with the 5 pin Ignition Control Module and use the 2 blade ballast resistor with the 4 pin Ignition Control Module. Either will work as long as I use the correct ballast resistor.
 Terry W.