Main Menu

74 rallye Challenger

Started by 74 rallye, July 23, 2017, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Totally good advice: For one thing 15 minutes is 15 minutes. I think the larger benefit though is just the feeling you are doing something. I've seen so many restos get stalled and never started, I believe it is just a state of mind.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: YellowThumper on July 27, 2017, 04:39:02 AM
Welcome aboard from yet another 74 owner. This place will help immensely. Also I understand delays. Have had mine since 83. Take the advice of rev... it does work. I have noted many times that I typically only get 15 minutes a day. Slow and steady still gets it done.

Mike

......yea and that 15 mins is spent looking for the Phillips screw driver you were just using yesterday :steamingmad:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

74 rallye

Thanks again for the welcome and the words of advice, I Know some of you from the other site,  :banana: Here is my first (dumb lol) question: when I removed the door panels years ago, I scrapped the underlayment/sound deadner under the panels, what is suitable as replacements? ive seen dyna-mat and regular foam like carpet underlayment.
The only easy day, was yesterday

RUNCHARGER

I dynamat the doors "purists strike me down now".
Sheldon

74 rallye

Thanks for the reply, I've seen that several times and that's the way I've been leaning, here was my little project for this evening.....installing the seat covers on the drivers seat, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to install interiors for a living  :smile:

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:  I would rather build engines & ports heads & intakes  :looney:

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on July 27, 2017, 07:53:31 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on July 27, 2017, 04:39:02 AM
Welcome aboard from yet another 74 owner. This place will help immensely. Also I understand delays. Have had mine since 83. Take the advice of rev... it does work. I have noted many times that I typically only get 15 minutes a day. Slow and steady still gets it done.

Mike

......yea and that 15 mins is spent looking for the Phillips screw driver you were just using yesterday :steamingmad:

Finding the screw driver was Mondays time. Tuesday was spent finding my cleaning supplies to use on Wednesday.
Stated as a joke. However and unfortunately there is the underlying thruth to it.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

I always wipe my tools and put everything away. A friend of mine drops it all where it is and just carries on the next time, I suppose he gets more done but I like my old habits.
Sheldon

74 rallye

Garage time yesterday, I installed the bumper fillers and put the back bumper on, it needs some adjusting. I also did the touch up on the textured argent around the trunk.Started to install the head liner but only got as far as hanging the bows. its very wrinkled and I think I have to do some cutting of the loops that hold the bows to smooth it out. I will post pics of the headliner later on today but slowly getting there.

74 rallye

Sorry for the upside down pics,  :takepicture: ill have to rotate them

Shane Kelley

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 30, 2017, 09:21:50 AM
I always wipe my tools and put everything away. A friend of mine drops it all where it is and just carries on the next time, I suppose he gets more done but I like my old habits.
I'm the same way. I like everything clean and in it's place when I'm done. But I will say I have done some serious late night thrashing to get a project done and can't find one of my five 1/2 wrenches anywhere. Walking around zoned out looking for it.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Shane Kelley on July 31, 2017, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 30, 2017, 09:21:50 AM
I'm the same way. I like everything clean and in it's place when I'm done. But I will say I have done some serious late night thrashing to get a project done and can't find one of my five 1/2 wrenches anywhere. Walking around zoned out looking for it.
I mostly put things away. Exceptions are the immediate use tools for any given project. Those are kept in specific trays to keep them grouped.

And back to the actual thread. Glad you are making progress.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.