Main Menu

74 rallye Challenger

Started by 74 rallye, July 23, 2017, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

74 rallye

At the beginning of the month I made the decision to finish my 74 that I at I have been working on and off for a long time (since 1993 to be exact!) I have a lot to do to it but I am hoping to have it done by October, I have ordered and received the door panels and rear quarter plastics, seat hinge covers, a pillar mouldings and new leaf springs shocks and all hardware to install the leafs. I still need to paint the roof and wetsand the entire car to re clear coat but am slowly getting there, I will need a new windshield as well but I wont get it until closer to install. I am hoping to be able to drive it to Carlisle next year! I will be asking a lot of questions as it has been so long since it came apart, thanks for looking and I am looking forward to finally putting the old girl back on the road where it belongs.  :wrenching:       
The only easy day, was yesterday

Roadman

First, welcome aboard    :welcome:   We love questions, so ask away.   :handshake:

And   :needphotos:

lulurocks(Ken)

Sweet  lets. See some  pics !

blown motor

Welcome to the forum and good luck finishing your car from another 74 owner.  :cheers:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Post up some photos if you can.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site !
No problem answering any Questions you have , lots of experience here for sure !
I hope you can make Carlisle  you missed a great meet this year .

jimynick

Welcome to the site from  :canada: and yet another 74 Rallye owner!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Timbbuc2

You will fit right in here. . Questions??? these guys and gals love questions. I should know. Welcome to our forum
Get in, I'll drive

74 rallye

Thanks for the welcome! I will post some pics soon I'm getting back into the mindset to finally finish what I started many moons ago, I was at Carlisle on Saturday this year but was running behind and had to leave around 1 pm due to not coming Friday, I live about 60 miles from the fairgrounds and am looking forward to spending more time relaxing and shooting the breeze next year. 
The only easy day, was yesterday

Cuda Cody

Welcome @74 rallye  :welcome:   You found the right place to get motivation, inspiration and documentation.   :banana:  We will be happy to help you with anything you get stuck on.  I've learned a lot from the super smart people on here and I'm always willing to help if I can.  Looking forward to seeing some photos of your project once you get going again.  And be sure to hang out a bit with us next year at the Carlisle club tent.

Rev-It-Up

Welcome 74 rallye!  Looking forward to seeing your car at Carlisle next year. We were doing the same thing back in February with my daughter's Duster that had been sitting for 10 years. Carlisle was our goal. We "finished" (they're never finished), with a day or two to spare.  We just made sure to do at least one thing on the car everyday.
Rev-It-Up

Shane Kelley

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on July 25, 2017, 05:00:03 AM
We just made sure to do at least one thing on the car everyday.
That's the advise I always give people starting a restoration project. Even if it's something small like cleaning up bolts or hardware. Always do something. When you quite doing something time goes by and before you know it years have passed.

Cuda70-74

That's the advise I always give people starting a restoration project. Even if it's something small like cleaning up bolts or hardware. Always do something. When you quite doing something time goes by and before you know it years have passed.
[/quote] I compely agree :ohyeah:
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

YellowThumper

Welcome aboard from yet another 74 owner. This place will help immensely. Also I understand delays. Have had mine since 83. Take the advice of rev... it does work. I have noted many times that I typically only get 15 minutes a day. Slow and steady still gets it done.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.