Main Menu

A.G.A.R. 1970 Barracuda Convertible.....IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

Started by anlauto, May 18, 2017, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SYDWAZ

:twothumbsup: Your car looks awesome. Thanks Alan for the great pics, they create lots of excitement for everyone especially me. I can see even more excitement in my future.

Topcat

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Lots of time consuming stuff that doesn't make too big of a difference..All the side glass installed, new power top motor/hoses/cylinders installed bleed and working great...highly recommended  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

superdave

Jay Bee

Very nice  :twothumbsup: Can you please tell what numbers are on the rear seat belt bolts. I know the reference material here says 1970 All Rear (+ front shoulder) are C11. My car has 2 C11's and 2 C13's. 

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 02, 2019, 01:07:38 PM
Very nice  :twothumbsup: Can you please tell what numbers are on the rear seat belt bolts. I know the reference material here says 1970 All Rear (+ front shoulder) are C11. My car has 2 C11's and 2 C13's.

I don't have the original bolts, I got all the seat belts including the bolts from Bill Edwards....This car wasn't the best example of originality when I got it  :haha:

challengermaniac

While not up to todays art of restoration, it truly amazes me how auto makers at the time could use raw materials with design and tools to make these beautiful machines!  Unfortunate that the laborers were not well paid at the time, but who was!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: challengermaniac on May 02, 2019, 02:54:33 PM
  Unfortunate that the laborers were not well paid at the time, but who was!

For the time they were pretty well paid with very good benefits...

RUNCHARGER

Yup: They just didn't care is all. They needed a good wage to pay for the booze and dope they used on the line.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on May 02, 2019, 12:44:13 PM
Lots of time consuming stuff that doesn't make too big of a difference..All the side glass installed, new power top motor/hoses/cylinders installed bleed and working great...highly recommended  :twothumbsup:

NOS top motor, rebuilt original or something else?

anlauto

Cuda_mark

I have 2 date coded originals for my car and I'm trying to decide if it's really worth it to restore them for a clone car. Tough to beat $230.00 for one that looks exactly like an original.

anlauto

The last convertible I did....I sold the original motor/hoses/cylinders to a guy for $500 CDN  :o ....and they were leaking....Original parts have a value for sure, but I would never bother using them. These replacements are pretty dead on and work effortlessly.

I'm sure @ErikR will sell his original stuff if anybody's interested although one of his hoses is cracked and leaking as well. :dunno:

anlauto

My upholstery guy prefers to install the convertible roofs at his shop so he can take his time, so off it goes...

P.S. The front end is cranked down tight on the trailer that's why it looks so low  :alan2cents: