Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Reassembly Time...All done

Started by anlauto, March 09, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Looks EV2 here too on my screen.   :veryexcited:

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 09, 2017, 11:08:11 PM
:yes: is it my monitor, or is it "tor-red"?

anlauto

It's the lighting in my shop. The car in FE5 Red. When it came here (picture outside) the colour was too dark in my opinion...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2017, 05:06:43 AM
It's the lighting in my shop. The car in FE5 Red. When it came here (picture outside) the colour was too dark in my opinion...

I've seen many variations of FE5 that are too dark or even kind of creamy/milky looking.  Same with other high-impact colors, or even B5 like my Cuda.  What color mixture chart does your shop use and do they use PPG paint?

anlauto

I have no clue....I don't ask... :huh: I get what I get... :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2017, 06:02:40 AM

So how do you know the color is accurate?

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 10, 2017, 06:10:58 AM
Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2017, 06:02:40 AM

So how do you know the color is accurate?

I never said the colour was accurate.....in fact I NEVER state anything is 100% correct in the restorations I do. :alan2cents:

What I said was the pictures taken in my garage with poor lighting don't represent the true colour the car is now.

It's my opinion that the colour the car is now looks like a nicer version of red and in my opinion more correct than the colour that was on the car. :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2017, 06:16:29 AM
It's my opinion that the colour the car is now looks like a nicer version of red and in my opinion more correct than the colour that was on the car. :alan2cents:

I would trust your opinion over others if nothing else you've seen way more cars in these colors than me.  I ask because I always thought the B5 on my Cuda was correct, but the B5 on my Satty is lighter and seems to be more accurate based on pics and cars I've seen.  Did Plymouth change the B5 formula from '69 to '70?

anlauto

I thought 69 & 70 were the same, but is either car original paint ?

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2017, 06:32:59 AM
I thought 69 & 70 were the same, but is either car original paint ?

Nope, and they were done before I got them so I'm sure of any details on the paint mix.  I just noticed and thought it was interesting of the difference when I parked them side-by-side.

ec_co

'69/'70 B5 are supposed to be the same formula. changed to slightly darker for '71 (mine was resprayed sometime between '71 and '73 with the '71 B5 on top of the '70 B5 and its an obvious difference)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Crocha617

I've been waiting for this one.... :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

usraptor

Beautiful car/project.  Can't wait to see it done.  :popcorn:

anlauto

Very unusual for me to work on a weekend, but today I got board so I tinkered around a little bit.....
Was able to get a few things taken care of...