Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Reassembly Time...All done

Started by anlauto, March 09, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

A face only a mother could love....oh and me too :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I'm never going to see Rubber Bumpers the same now that you pointed out the 70 / 71 different.  :)

Looking great.  :drinkingbud:  Do you have a target completion date?  Where does the owner live?  I bet their excited to see it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 15, 2017, 04:03:02 PM
I'm never going to see Rubber Bumpers the same now that you pointed out the 70 / 71 different.  :)

Looking great.  :drinkingbud:  Do you have a target completion date?  Where does the owner live?  I bet their excited to see it.

The car has to return to New York by the first week in May. There is a bond on it that expires after 12 months.

Car will be done next week, but will probably wait a bit before taking it to my mechanic for the alignment etc...

The owner actually bought it last year and had it shipped directly to me, so I'm guessing he's really looking forward to enjoying it for the first time.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

76orangewagon

Alan,
As usual another great job, I assume the SPD on the car is after March 5,1971 due to the wheels being painted Black instead of body color or did the customer request Black. My SPD is 430 and is coded for the 2944450 wheels painted TX9 but I think I will paint them body color (EV2). 

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2017, 04:31:56 PM
The car has to return to New York by the first week in May. There is a bond on it that expires after 12 months.

Car will be done next week, but will probably wait a bit before taking it to my mechanic for the alignment etc...

The owner actually bought it last year and had it shipped directly to me, so I'm guessing he's really looking forward to enjoying it for the first time.

Just in time for Summer!   8)

750-h2

Quote from: A.Gramz on March 14, 2017, 05:24:45 PM
What product do u spray in there

I have used Roger Gibson's as well as Resto Rick's undercoating and they are both excellent products that look factory original.

Rev-It-Up

We will get the duster back from paint and body in a few days.  There is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH we will be done in 2 weeks! You are amazing!  :Thud:
Rev-It-Up

anlauto

Quote from: 76orangewagon on March 15, 2017, 04:48:40 PM
Alan,
As usual another great job, I assume the SPD on the car is after March 5,1971 due to the wheels being painted Black instead of body color or did the customer request Black. My SPD is 430 and is coded for the 2944450 wheels painted TX9 but I think I will paint them body color (EV2).

Build date of May 20th....

anlauto

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on March 15, 2017, 05:52:20 PM

We will get the duster back from paint and body in a few days.  There is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH we will be done in 2 weeks! You are amazing!  :Thud:

As long as you're all set for Carlisle.....It's all about setting goals that you can achieve that brings you the most joy....

The only reason I need to get this done in two weeks is so I can get back on the other four cars I'm restoring :tired:

Cuda Cody

You make me very tempted to send you one of my cars.   :yes:   

Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2017, 06:14:46 PM
The only reason I need to get this done in two weeks is so I can get back on the other four cars I'm restoring :tired:

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 15, 2017, 06:27:23 PM
You make me very tempted to send you one of my cars.   :yes:   

Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2017, 06:14:46 PM

Not sure if my work would live up to your standards, :brainiac:  but sometimes it's better to be looking at a finished project then a rusty bucket of bolts......

I have a lot of interest from my American friends because they get a 30%-35% discount right off the top due to our lousy CDN dollar...An $80K CDN resto only cost $60K USD... :'(

HP_Cuda

For now, I see the dollar index dropping towards the middle of the year.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Only worked a few hours today. Finished everything on the underside with the exception of the exhaust...Shifter linkage, clutch linkage, torsion bars etc...small stuff like floor plugs, wire brackets too...

anlauto

Spent the rest of the afternoon hanging curtain rods....HAPPY WIFE .....HAPPY LIFE..... :) :woohoo: