Main Menu

AGAR...TX9 Six Pack ...GOOD BYE....

Started by anlauto, June 16, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on March 16, 2018, 06:21:26 PM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 16, 2018, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2018, 07:35:04 PM
A small confession.....This car left the factory a TX9 black car, with a V1X black vinyl top and H6X9 black interior.....but regrettably not coded for the V6X black stripe :crying:....but who can blame the owner for wanting to add that very subtle touch that SCREAMS coolness :drooling:

All 70 "Cudas" came standard with hockey stick stripes with the only available color being black.

Sorry, but that's totally incorrect information. Challenger RT's came standard with stripes, On all Cuda's stripes were optional.

So then are there any 70' Cuda's that had 440 6 packs or Hemi's that were stripe delete?
I would think not. 

Cudajason

Quote from: Topcat on March 16, 2018, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 16, 2018, 06:21:26 PM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 16, 2018, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 15, 2018, 07:35:04 PM
A small confession.....This car left the factory a TX9 black car, with a V1X black vinyl top and H6X9 black interior.....but regrettably not coded for the V6X black stripe :crying:....but who can blame the owner for wanting to add that very subtle touch that SCREAMS coolness :drooling:

All 70 "Cudas" came standard with hockey stick stripes with the only available color being black.

Sorry, but that's totally incorrect information. Challenger RT's came standard with stripes, On all Cuda's stripes were optional.

So then are there any 70' Cuda's that had 440 6 packs or Hemi's that were stripe delete?
I would think not.

sounds like there could be...and that would be cool!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

There's no such thing as a "stripe delete" Cuda.

Stripes were an extra cost option on EVERY Cuda, and as stated only available in gloss black. (1970)

So YES there are plenty of 440+6 or Hemicuda's that left the factory with no stripes.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

1970:
'cuda's OPTIONAL "sport stripes" V6X (BLACK ONLY) $25.90 & installation rate was ~24%
'cuda's OPTIONAL "protective body side moulding w/pinstripes" V5_ (available in red, white, blue, green, black) $29.45 & installation rate was ~20%
'cuda's  OPTIONAL "TRANS AM" package A53 included V6H "AAR strobe stripes" (BLACK ONLY) & installation rate was ~16%
'cuda's OPTIONAL mid-year "strobe stripes" V4_ (available in magenta, chartreuse, white, black) $25.90 & installation rate was very low

that leaves ~40% 1970 'cudas (BS) with no stripes  :cheers:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Can you spot the problem with this CUSTOMER SUPPLIED part ?

Skid Row

RUNCHARGER

Are you trying to make this one into a Challenger. You are calling it a Six Pack.
Sheldon

anlauto

DING DING DING....We have a winner.....nothing like lining everything up for the vinyl roof install and then finding out the customer supplied the wrong one....but in @kdcarman defense.... the Legendary Auto Interior box was labeled correctly, just had the wrong part inside...and I guess by now I should have learned to check all the parts when they come in... :headbang:

Correct one is ordered so hopefully it only puts us off a week..... :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

42 weeks start to finish..... :unbelievable:

Just need to fire the motor up, have the alignment done, few other adjustments and road test....

anlauto

Not sure what's going on with the steering wheel, must be the flash of the camera...it certainly doesn't look that "red" in natural light. :huh:  Looks like I'll have to vacuum the floor mat again too :pullinghair:

bluespruce

Looks great as always when your done with one

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 29, 2018, 02:51:59 PM
Not sure what's going on with the steering wheel, must be the flash of the camera...it certainly doesn't look that "red" in natural light. :huh:  Looks like I'll have to vacuum the floor mat again too :pullinghair:

Looks like they did when they were delivered off the transport trucks. Needs a clean for delivery now!
Don't forget a full tank of fuel, the warranty pamphlet & owners manual in a dealer wallet..... :handshake:

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on March 29, 2018, 04:32:40 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 29, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

Looks like they did when they were delivered off the transport trucks. Needs a clean for delivery now!
Don't forget a full tank of fuel, the warranty pamphlet & owners manual in a dealer wallet..... :handshake:

Today, when you buy a new car they charge you for the gas....I hope at Southside Plymouth Chrysler, they're still throwing in the full tank ? @bpsmopar ?