Main Menu

Barnfind 1970 Barracuda

Started by soundcontrol, March 07, 2020, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Cool 80's stickers.

soundcontrol

Fixing up some engine stuff for the summer, 318 runs nice but I don't want the smoke cloud on startup so I changed the valve seals without removing the heads, made some special tools and used an air compressor to hold the valves. Old seals were hard as rocks and 4 of them in pieces.

Next it's a new waterpump and electronic ignition.

YellowThumper

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 16, 2021, 01:41:01 PM
Fixing up some engine stuff for the summer, 318 runs nice but I don't want the smoke cloud on startup so I changed the valve seals without removing the heads, made some special tools and used an air compressor to hold the valves. Old seals were hard as rocks and 4 of them in pieces.

Next it's a new waterpump and electronic ignition.

Very nice. Will remember that for future endeavors.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Got the Barracuda out of winter storage today, started up fine after 6 months.
Doing some minor fixes over the summer while driving it.
My wife is gonna drive it to work next week.

soundcontrol

My Barracuda is leaking water when it rains and the carpet gets all soaked in the back. Located the issue to rust under the vinyl below the rear window, I probably have more rust in the window frame. Not sure if I'm gonna fix it properly or just do my silicone and duct tape quick fix for now....Now that trim is very rare and I don't wanna ruin it, how do I remove it without bending or scratching it?

318Stroker

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 07, 2020, 02:41:00 PMEXCELLENT project! I've been hearing some good things about the 318 Stroker conversions. A way to keep it all number matched. Nice find.

I love my stroked 318 with Eddy heads. It's the #'s motor in my 73 Challenger that I've had since 73.
396 cubes, bored .060 with a 4" crank. Approx 400 hp and 400 lb/ft torque. Thinks it's a big block!