Main Menu

Dynacorn 6000wt project

Started by Jay Bee, January 30, 2021, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on March 03, 2021, 06:33:31 AM
What's the guy's name ?
Yeah, because I might know him. There was a 30 year period when I was in virtually every body shop in the Hamilton/Burlington/Niagara area and it'd be unusual that either I wouldn't recognize him or he, me. Failing that we'd have acquaintances in common, likely. In any event, he does nice work and that's a bonus for your own car John.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

Primer

anlauto

So they just basically scuffed the rest of the car for repaint ?  Are you going to paint it purple  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on March 12, 2021, 02:39:10 PM
So they just basically scuffed the rest of the car for repaint ?  Are you going to paint it purple  :bigthumb:

Yes and hahaha no. Unless purple has been renamed Alpine White.

Cudajason

Quote from: Jay Bee on March 12, 2021, 02:50:38 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 12, 2021, 02:39:10 PM

Yes and hahaha no. Unless purple has been renamed Alpine White.

So @Jay Bee ...what's the update.  Are you driving it yet????
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Jay Bee

Here's some April pictures. The last one is the E-body that the owner has in his collection.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Skdmark

Must be exciting to see it come back together. Looks like it's in good company.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

usraptor

It's coming along very nicely!  :twothumbsup:

Jay Bee

Body painted, still need to do the doors, hood & deck lid.

Today he said I help him out too and I didn't know what he meant. When asked he said, "..you talk about us on your e-body website." He was alluding to that I plug his business which I really haven't so I will now. I found their price to be fair and reasonable (even if you're not getting the friend rate). You're kept up-to-date all along the process. I found everyone, even the helpers to be talented and knowledgeable. A very welcoming atmosphere in the shop too.

Dave(Rim): used to work for Custom Collision in St. Catharines
Dave Jr.: following in his dad's footsteps
Al P.: worked for Randy Colyn & Legendary Motorcar to name a couple

They're going to help me put on the "extra-hands" stuff, then bring it home.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:bravo:  That is how a business builds a good reputation, A customer that appreciates a job well done! That came out beautiful. :bravo: In all aspects.

dodj

I was thinking a week or two ago that you should plug this place. I was impressed with the repair and the timeliness of the work. With various threads over the years of 'bodyshop jail' it's good to get the names of shops that don't hold your ride hostage and do good work.
If I was in southern Ontario I would definitely be giving this shop a look.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

Quote from: dodj on April 29, 2021, 05:06:28 AM
I was thinking a week or two ago that you should plug this place. I was impressed with the repair and the timeliness of the work. With various threads over the years of 'bodyshop jail' it's good to get the names of shops that don't hold your ride hostage and do good work.

Yes, we banter back & forth about the situation my car would be in if the first shop started on it. There's a waiting list to get vehicles in. We decided in Aug. 2020 that they'd do it and my spot opened up on Jan. 28, 2021 (the day it was picked up). It should be in my garage next week, a bit more than 3 months, definitely no "body shop jail". Here's a couple other jobs they're doing. The truck is inside now making the shop totally full up. He's thinking the rig might be the last one he takes on and the Benz (yes, that's a German license plate) is just waiting on a few spot touch-ups.

RUNCHARGER

Now I'll have nightmares of blocksanding a Peterbilt COE! Ugh. Yes I agree with publicizing their name, anything to help a good guy aloong.
Sheldon