Main Menu

Hello/Colorado Springs Cuda!!!

Started by Adams1stCuda, February 04, 2018, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Adams1stCuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 04, 2018, 05:46:06 PM
Welcome!  From Salida Colorado.

Spent my teen years in Widefield.  What part are you in?

Sweet looking ride.

Even better it's originally a gb5/gb5

Funny, I am born/raised in Colorado Springs, but moved around a lot until about 4th grade. After that I live three different places in Widefield, off Bradley on Spur Dr then in the keyhole streets (Leta) and then finally on Morningside behid the Knights of Columbus.  Three different district 3 elementary schools and then Widefield for high school.  My wife is from Widefield (further south near Mesa Ridge) and all of her immediate family graduated from Fountain.

Yep, actually wish the prev owner would have repainted it orig color.  Paint job is not stellar either, but that will have to be reevaluated down the road.

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Great Story and sweet car!  Glad you finally introduced yourself!

:waving:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Quote from: Adam213 on February 05, 2018, 12:43:36 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on February 04, 2018, 05:46:06 PM
Welcome!  From Salida Colorado.

Spent my teen years in Widefield.  What part are you in?

Sweet looking ride.

Even better it's originally a gb5/gb5

Funny, I am born/raised in Colorado Springs, but moved around a lot until about 4th grade. After that I live three different places in Widefield, off Bradley on Spur Dr then in the keyhole streets (Leta) and then finally on Morningside behid the Knights of Columbus.  Three different district 3 elementary schools and then Widefield for high school.  My wife is from Widefield (further south near Mesa Ridge) and all of her immediate family graduated from Fountain.

Yep, actually wish the prev owner would have repainted it orig color.  Paint job is not stellar either, but that will have to be reevaluated down the road.

Widefield high huh?  Gladiator !!
So what year did ya graduate?  I'm 94'
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Adams1stCuda

I graduated in 99; as did my wife...she was the first graduating class of Mesa Ridge after they split district 3.

cuda hunter

Cool.  She went to school with my sister.  I think she's 2000.    Mesa Ridge. 

Small world.  My dad runs the baptist church right next to Widefield. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

nsmall

Great looking ride and family.  I too love the round tail lights.  I actually prefer them.  American Ferrari

I am no expert, but you seem to have a 73/74 front and rear bumper set up.  I cant make out what kind of bumper guards you got going on the rear, but they dont seem to be stock for any year.  @Burdar want to chime in?

I say screw some full on restoration and work out the bugs and enjoy it.  My 73 had so many wiring issues, car ran fine, but I have three small kids so I just bought all new wiring as it looks great and I have piece of mind now.

Good luck and another thanks to serving our country.

HEMICUDA

Did you get the correct dash tag that belongs on your car?  The dash tag is a 72 and the body is a 73.

Burdar

QuoteI am no expert, but you seem to have a 73/74 front and rear bumper set up.  I cant make out what kind of bumper guards you got going on the rear, but they dont seem to be stock for any year.  @Burdar want to chime in?

Looks to me like the rubber portion was removed and just the metal piece remains......with the holes filled and painted black.

Adams1stCuda

Quote from: HEMICUDA on February 06, 2018, 10:24:21 PM
Did you get the correct dash tag that belongs on your car?  The dash tag is a 72 and the body is a 73.

Not sure what you mean...

PatO

Great Car - Welcome to the boards from Castle Rock.

nsmall

Quote from: Adam213 on February 07, 2018, 11:39:53 AM
Quote from: HEMICUDA on February 06, 2018, 10:24:21 PM

Not sure what you mean...

Maybe he means there is a 73 rear bumper filler pieces and 73 bumper guards, but you say its a 72 so its a little confusing.  Im in no way complaining, you just mentioned an "evaluation" so that was my  :alan2cents:

The two body stamped numbers do not match the VIN plate number.

Adams1stCuda

Ya, I was told (and saw) that the front end didn't match the build sheet/dash vin, but didn't catch the bumper. 

Burdar

As long as the body numbers match the title, you should be ok.  If the dash from another car was used to replace a bad one in your car, that would explain the wrong VIN plate.  It's happened before.  If your title matches the VIN plate on the dash...you've got some problems.  :headbang: