Main Menu

I finally got out to the garage! KUDO'S to GLEN RAY - WAITING TO FILL!!!!!

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, May 06, 2018, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

303 Mopar

Nice work @BIGSHCLUNK!  Please make more videos of NIKKI driving around this summer!  The one you did on the 4th of July with your neighbor driving down the freeway a couple of years ago was one of my favorites. 

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 29, 2018, 05:10:16 AM
Nice work @BIGSHCLUNK!  Please make more videos of NIKKI driving around this summer!  The one you did on the 4th of July with your neighbor driving down the freeway a couple of years ago was one of my favorites.

:bradsthumb:  :ohyeah: Ya I can't believe how popular that video has been. I appreciate the compliment! And if you could have seen the grin on that kids face.... PRICELESS!!!

BIGSHCLUNK

Got a bunch more done today! Got my overflow bottle out and working on the radiator. Think I'm going to spruce up that custom bracket I made. Had to break out a NEW creeper! Inside of the rad was not terrible...

zazou

Plymouth Cuda 1973 - Normandie-France

BIGSHCLUNK

Had a hard time on the right side trans line. I don't know who did the bend work but it's not quite right. I'm going to play with that one a little. While the rad is up at Glen Ray, going to install my B-DAY gift from the wife  :bigthumb: This is the 128000 - 2 qt addition. Doubt I'll have any ground clearance issues.  :thinking:  I'm thinking there should be a gasket for BOTH sides of the filter extension tho...... opinions??  :notsure:

BIGSHCLUNK

Got her drained, din't make to much as mess!

BIGSHCLUNK

Got the rad out ! Pulled it with pusher fan on it... was just easier.

BIGSHCLUNK

Core support nice and solid. Maybe get a quick rattle can. I must say I've pulled waaaay worse looking rads. Tranny draining now!

YellowThumper

Way to strip it down. By the looks of those pics. It was definitely time to refresh that rad.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

BIGSHCLUNK

I got back out there and dropped the tranny pan   :bricks: Not real happy 'bout what I saw. Granted I've seen waaaay worse at the shop. Granted it shifts just fine.

Historically the fluid looked real good when I bought her years ago. But the throttle linkage was waaaaay out of adjustment. If thats the cause ..  :notsure: But this is the first pan drop ever. I've never worked my tranny very hard IMO. Some metal some band or clutch and signs its been hot.  Better late than never to clean her cleaned out. But going further on that aspect of things is not in the timeline right now. Can't ignore it, but am going to file it for now. New pan and filter are on  :notsure:  :thinking:  :fingerscrossed:

Topcat

I'm no A/t expert by any means.

But is there some type of additive you can add that'll help prolong and reduce wear?

BIGSHCLUNK