Main Menu

My TA challenger restoration

Started by Crazypete, July 26, 2017, 02:17:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crazypete

OK I finally started reassembly and I am tearing apart my rear suspension and I need to know if I need to remove the metal insert for the link spring bushing I let the instructions that I got from energy suspension says yes but it looks like somebody just made it on the printer I just want to make sure if I have to or not

Crazypete

6bblgt

:stop: the wheel openings go down!  :ohyeah:

Crazypete

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 26, 2017, 02:22:10 PM
:stop: the wheel openings go down!  :ohyeah:
That's why I can't get the gaps to line up thanks for the heads up

xx88man

LOVE YOUR CAR!   :wowzers:     :wowzers:   
Keep yer foot in it

1 Wild R/T

If you've already bought the bushings try slipping them into the spring eye with the sleeve in place..... Not a real big fan of urethane but if your gonna use it thats a good location for it...

Crazypete

Yeah I'll try just want to get somebody that has done this more regular than myself I've had these parts laying around for the last 5+ years so I figured what time I should start using them

Cuda Cody

I've done them a couple times and I recall pressing them in and out.  But I can't seem to find any photos of what I did. 

Cuda Cody

Yes, press that sleeve out and the new bushing should have a sleeve on it.   :alan2cents:

Crazypete

These are just the poly inserts no metal collars

anlauto

Quote from: Crazypete on July 26, 2017, 05:36:19 PM
These are just the poly inserts no metal collars

Then you need to leave those metal collars in the leafs
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I replaced mine with factory style and they come with a new sleeve.  If you are going to poly, then grease them up good and use the old sleeve.  I know a lot of people love poly, but it's not my favorite.  In the past they have dried out on me and started making noise.  It might have been something I did wrong  :notsure:

Crazypete

Thanks for the feed back I'll post pics once their installed

Crazypete

OK little update today I actually had to remove that sleeve and it actually came out surprisingly easy took his little persuasion with an air hammer and now I'm painting them and I'll be ready to do an install here hopefully in the next few days thanks for the help