Main Menu

New at A.G.A.R....... Sunroof #4

Started by anlauto, June 19, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

@anlauto How many hours of work would you say it adds to work on a sunroof car? Looks like a major PITA but well worth the effort.

anlauto

If you count the extra time with the vinyl top and headliner, extra bs trying to get everything working, I would say likely another 40 hours or so. I never really thought about it. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PatO

Very nice!   :bigthumb:

I like the pictures you post Alan, I'm constantly noticing little details that help me as I'm putting my car back together.  Worth a lot to me.   :ohyeah:

anlauto

No rest for the weary.....I was pushing to get the blue convertible to Moparfest at the beginning of the month, but hopped back on this FJ5 Sunroof car this week.....
Assembled the rear axle and engine/transmission assembly, then bolted everything in.....Was a good week !  :banana:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

76orangewagon

Alan,
Great looking as usual, I went into my restoration thinking I was going to have the bottom completely painted and shiny but after seeing the OEM overspray look I might be changing my mind.  :bigthumb:

Cudakiller70

JH27N0B

Beautiful!  I'm not a big FJ5 fan, but that being said, I'm  :drooling:!

Lemontwist

Car looks really nice Alan.  I wish I was closer I would have done your AC hoses for you
Drew

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Lemontwist on September 01, 2018, 06:04:36 PM
Car looks really nice Alan.  I wish I was closer I would had done your AC hoses for you

The stenciling ads a nice touch.... :twothumbsup: These hoses were re-plated by Stephan Fournier, but he doesn't re-stencil them.

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 01, 2018, 06:18:40 PM
Who did the grille on that one Alan?

The grill is a reproduction supplied by Roseville Moparts. :twothumbsup:

Timbbuc2

Allan, just curious, how many cars have you restored in your career?
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on September 03, 2018, 03:38:42 PM
Allan, just curious, how many cars have you restored in your career?
@Timbbuc2 there are 44 cars posted here http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.html  that I've done complete ground-up restorations on, in my "career" if you can call it that  :rofl: there might be one or two not shown....

I've probably restored more E Bodies then anybody. :dunno:

nsmall

Its exhausting to think you have done all of that in your "career."  Speaking of, how many years were you part time?  How many full time?