original parts

Started by WSS340, May 28, 2018, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Quote from: 73440 on June 02, 2018, 04:26:49 AM
Western Sport Special

http://www.challengerspecs.com/1970challenger_western_special.htm

That article appears to be total crap.

Barry Washington has documented versions of TA WSS cars and there are far more than 1 A66 car.  It's just a trim package. 

Katfish

Interesting, thanks
From the page:
For that price you received a Western Sport Special decal on the rear fenders (see photos below), a vinyl roof, a woodgrain instrument panel applique, a remote control mirror, the rim blow steering wheel, sill mouldings, belt mouldings, front splash pan scoop, cowl moulding, rear taillight Astrotone applique, pedals dress-up kit, bumper guards w/rubber inserts and F78x14 inch white side wall tyres mounted on 14" Rallye wheels.

So what are?
Front splash pan scoop
Cowl molding

Morty426

Quote from: Katfish on June 02, 2018, 05:09:46 AM
Interesting, thanks
From the page:
For that price you received a Western Sport Special decal on the rear fenders (see photos below), a vinyl roof, a woodgrain instrument panel applique, a remote control mirror, the rim blow steering wheel, sill mouldings, belt mouldings, front splash pan scoop, cowl moulding, rear taillight Astrotone applique, pedals dress-up kit, bumper guards w/rubber inserts and F78x14 inch white side wall tyres mounted on 14" Rallye wheels.

So what are?
Front splash pan scoop
Cowl molding

It's SE trim.

Front splash pan scoop is the trim that attaches to the front valence opening. 

Cowl molding is the three trim pieces that attach to the rear of the hood and fenders.

All SE trim items

JH27N0B

It's probably best to say "all found standard on SEs".  The trim was available on non-SEs by ordering the A63 package, as well as apparently being standard with the WSS.

Morty426

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 02, 2018, 06:01:53 AM
It's probably best to say "all found standard on SEs".  The trim was available on non-SEs by ordering the A63 package, as well as apparently being standard with the WSS.

I have an N96 V code Challenger that has all the SE trim other than the rear finish panel.  It's a two fender tag car which is uncommon for Challengers

6bblgt

the A63 "moulding package" consisted of the following mouldings that were STANDARD on the Challenger SE & R/T SE - OTIONAL on others

front valence (air scoop) mouldings
rear of hood/fenders & belt mouldings
& tail panel finish mouldings

it was all or nothing - none were available separately for 1970

Katfish

Quote from: Morty426 on June 02, 2018, 05:19:56 AM
Quote from: Katfish on June 02, 2018, 05:09:46 AM
Interesting, thanks
From the page:

So what are?
Front splash pan scoop
Cowl molding

It's SE trim.

Front splash pan scoop is the trim that attaches to the front valence opening. 

Cowl molding is the three trim pieces that attach to the rear of the hood and fenders.

All SE trim items

Thanks, funny they call the piece of trim a "scoop"?

autoxcuda

A63 trim package was available in 1971 also. And there was no separate "SE" model offered in 1971.

In 71 it just didn't come with the rear astrotone finish panel.

It's just a 70-71 trim package that happened to be included with 1970 S/E models.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Morty426

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 02, 2018, 03:16:59 PM
the A63 "moulding package" consisted of the following mouldings that were STANDARD on the Challenger SE & R/T SE - OTIONAL on others

What do mean was not available separately?  M31 can be ordered by itself.  The only thing I think you can't order by itself is the rear finish panel. 

Topcat

Wow! Cool car options. 

Gonna be fun watching this being restored.

6bblgt

Quote from: Morty426 on June 02, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

What do mean was not available separately?  M31 can be ordered by itself.  The only thing I think you can't order by itself is the rear finish panel.

not on a '70 Challenger

JH27N0B

The boxes were checked for all that bling when my convertible was specced out.

Morty426

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 02, 2018, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: Morty426 on June 02, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

not on a '70 Challenger

I'll have to double check my fender tag and sheet when I get home

WSS340

:lookatthat:that red wss a66 is beautiful ,my  wss a66 is documented on Washington's site, just motivates me to get going on mine