Main Menu

70 Challenger Hellcat Killer

Started by mauls, May 26, 2020, 09:16:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

That car will be a hoot when you are finished!
Couple more details on the rear/tire/wheel combo, please?  What rear housing did you go with?  '65-'70 B Body or E body with spring pads moved to 44"? 
There were two different width B-body 8 3/4. 
'65-'67: 59-1/2″ drum to drum
'68-'70: 60-1/8″ drum to drum

What is the back space or offset on your rear and front wheels? 

My goal is to run that 315 wide tire and this information should help me keep the tires off the springs or fenders.

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 26, 2020, 09:07:29 PM
:iagree: Having scattered a number of 8 3/4 diff just spend the cash once & build a Dana , Dr Diff / Cass is great to deal with  :bigthumb:

I actually have a Dana 60 from a 70's truck that needs rebuilt and need to shorten the tubes on.  My end goal is to run a 4 link in the rear and at that time swap the dana 60 in, once rebuilt.  [/quote]

From what I was reading I heard the 8 3/4's can hold up to 500 - 600hp range, but with a 6 speed, launching will be hard on it.  I did go with a 489 sure grip, clutch style case, I heard those were the strongest.  But i'll take your guys word for it as this is my first time on one :)  I do love the Dr. Diff page, and will be spending some more money there in the future!

[/quote]

Dr. Diff Dana 60 is by far the best way to go.
Options are endless:

Pinion Snubber provisions
Tru Trac  (the best there is)
Upgraded axles to Strange
Big Block Chevy yoke makes U joint costs lower and easy to find/replace
Powder coating
Girdle diff cover
Disc brakes on already
Multiple gear ratios to choose from
Range of lengths to choose from

7212Mopar

I don't see a supercharger yet. More pictures. Sub frame connectors in your plan?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Ebody Edgar

What are you doing to strengthen the unibody to handle the torque & reduce the tin can flex?
While i have lot's of suggestions i would rather you tell me what you are thinking first
Sway bars?

soundcontrol

Quote from: Ebody Edgar on June 13, 2020, 11:40:12 AM
What are you doing to strengthen the unibody to handle the torque & reduce the tin can flex?
While i have lot's of suggestions i would rather you tell me what you are thinking first
Sway bars?

I got the US Car Tools stiffening kit. And front and read sway bars from Firm Feel. (did not get the mini tubs and spring relocation).

http://store.uscartool.com/Level-3-Chassis-Stiffening-Kit-70-74-E-Body-US-Car-Tool-Mopar-Plymouth-Cuda-Barracuda_p_155.html

Also, the K-frame stiffening kit, don't remember who I got this from though.

Brads70

Fun project!  :bradsthumb:   With the 6060 T-56 is there a kit available that allows you to use a slip yoke for the drive shaft?
Love your wheel choice! Nice colour!  :drooling: