Pixie_Duster Coming To Life

Started by Pixie_Duster, February 28, 2017, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Tunis

Great progress Heather! Keep up the good work!  :bradsthumb:

Rev-It-Up

This is what we've done so far...

Removed the rear suspension (we left all suspension on during paint)
Clean/painted rear end
Painted underbody
Undercoated wheel wells
Replaced all hardware in drum brakes
Installed rear end with new leaf springs
Installed gas tank/fuel sender/filler tube
Put rear tires on. Unfortunately, tires are too big ☹️ 275 60/15. Debated getting shackle/hangar offsets, but decided to just get new tires. Going 255 60/15
Removed front suspension
Removed torsion bars
Currently in the process of separating and cleaning all that mess.

Our next steps are to get the new front suspension put together and on the k member.. Connect the engine, torque converter and tranny together. After that...into the engine bay she goes!

Doesn't look like a lot when you put it on paper, but honestly, every spare moment has been in the garage.  :looney:
Rev-It-Up

blown motor

You're doing great! Thanks for the updates.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

Chryco Psycho

Please find a better tire such as Coopers , remember the problems with BFG on the Chall  ?

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 06, 2017, 06:19:27 AM
Please find a better tire such as Coopers , remember the problems with BFG on the Chall  ?

I don't recall any issues with the BFGs...you'll have to refresh my memory.
Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

Thank you so much for the updates.  Love seeing this car this car getting done.

Timbbuc2

WOW that is looking good moving right along., hmmm when you get done maybe you can help me on my Challenger :pixiepop:
I will supply the popcorn :wave:
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

The tires had a 1/4"step in them remember the front fenders bouncing / dancing @highway speeds on your challenger ?

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 06, 2017, 12:49:19 PM
The tires had a 1/4"step in them remember the front fenders bouncing / dancing @highway speeds on your challenger ?

I must be getting old and senile!  I don't recall that at all.  Not doubting you at all Neil...I just can't believe I would drive it like that.  Well...the new tires are on their way...we'll see how they go.  When are you coming up???  :haha:
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

We had to have the tires ground down while I was there as they were not even close to round i can be there anytime , I can also call for free if  I have a phone # to call
remember when I diagnosed the header leak over the phone ? :rofl:

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 06, 2017, 10:15:17 PM
We had to have the tires ground down while I was there as they were not even close to round i can be there anytime , I can also call for free if  I have a phone # to call
remember when I diagnosed the header leak over the phone ? :rofl:

Because you're AWESOME!! :worship:
Rev-It-Up

303 Mopar

I love watching this one come together! 

Pixie_Duster

Thanks for all the comments! So glad you all are enjoying seeing this rebuild! It's a lot of hard work, but I know how rewarding it will be once she is finished! Almost 12 years after the dream began, and I will be so glad to share it with all who make it to Carlisle (and of course all our online friends who may not make it)! I can't wait!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :veryexcited: :cooldance: