Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Cancellation.... T/A now for sale

Started by anlauto, July 07, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I think most of the value here comes from the parts included and the parts already restored. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on July 07, 2017, 08:03:11 PM
I don't mind the auto myself, but I learned from my AAR that these cars take a huge hit in resale value and potential customers when it's equipped with a girlymatic  :))

Quote from: 750-h2 on July 08, 2017, 06:50:56 AM
Girlymatic!  Does that mean Dodge is targeting girls for the new 840hp Demon? :thinking:

It means that the younger drivers like automatics because a lot of them don't know how to drive a manual trans car.

I imagine that 4 speeds will retain value on a numbers collector item car that never gets driven, but as the manual trans drivers slowly disappear, auto trans will be seen as a benefit on a car that's actually going to be driven.  Auto trans will be easier to sell since anyone can drive it, while manual trans has already limited the number of potential drivers.  People won't buy a car they can't drive.
It's just a matter of time.
What year did they stop teaching manual transmissions in driver's education?  (more than 20 years ago)

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I feel it would be a slam dunk if it was a 4 speed. Lets take a poll on if it sells before the auction date or not. The AM/FM, Rallye gauges and no vinyl roof are real bonuses for me. The colour for me is a drawback but a real uptick for most. Personally I would commit blasphemy on the repro floor pan as I have the parts and it could be undone, I have a correct set of restored 390's for it too. Like Cody says you see similiar condition cars selling in the $25k range without the restored parts.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cataclysm80 on December 10, 2017, 08:39:46 AM

What year did they stop teaching manual transmissions in driver's education?  (more than 20 years ago)

I took Drivers Ed in the 70's & at least here in California they weren't teaching it then... But every car guy I knew either already knew how or was gonna know pretty quick....   And I think young gun car guys today are the same...  It's just main stream drivers by & large that don't want to have to actually drive.....

There are plenty of Musclecars that I'm Okay with an Auto but a car thats designed to go around a road course should have a manual trans.... If I were buying a T/A-AAR it would have to have a stick.....

HP_Cuda

Autotragic will be a no-go for a lot of folks which hurts the value. Especially on an AAR or a T/A.

Emotions usually make (selling) problems for folks who no longer want to continue their pet project.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200