Main Menu

She's finally purple again! FC7 70 Shaker Cuda340

Started by njsteve, July 14, 2020, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

Dave, (the painter and former owner) didn't like the way the paint came out because there were a lot of tiny gnats flying around when he shot the car, so he decided to completely sand the paint totally flat and reshot the entire exterior last weekend. Now he's happy. The cutting and buffing should start momentarily.

anlauto

An additional "colour blocking" like that will just make the finished product all that much better. This thing is going to look like a jewel  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

Dave started the 3000 grit color sanding and buffing. Here's some progress shots he sent me.

RUNCHARGER

Very nice, colour looks spot on on my monitor too.
Sheldon

72 Challenger

Someday I will have a J0b.

njsteve

Today's update. Sanding and polishing complete, cowl, rad support and tail blackout done, K frame and engine back in. Color looks nice out in the Texas sun.

anlauto

Gees...that's a lot of progress in a short few days  :worship:  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

njsteve

Yeah Dave is amazing. All this progress in three months of part time work. He only started this paint/body job in April. It was a running car as of late March.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

njsteve

For him, it's a labor of love since he owned it and was going t restore it for himself anyway. I talked him out of the car so he could do his next project which is building a replica of a BMW 507 roadster.  He is like a mad scientist when it comes to his restoration work. Just stand back and give him room! (He's in Texas anyway so he has lots of room to begin with).  8)

njsteve

Some more details. Cowl blackout. I had him do it as if someone on the assembly line actually cared about what they were doing at the time. :-) No drips or runs!

anlauto

That "fogged" line on the cowl looks perfect !

njsteve

Painting is all done. On her way back north. Hopefully here tomorrow. Then the interior and wiring, yada, yada, yada...

nsmall

Should be all fun at this point if the parts are new or restored.

anlauto

So is the guy that painted it, sorry he sold it to you now ? :headbang: