Main Menu

She's finally purple again! FC7 70 Shaker Cuda340

Started by njsteve, July 14, 2020, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

njsteve

He's glad it's finally done and on its way so he can work on his replica BMW 507 roadster that he is building from scratch. He has completed the body buck already, in order to hand hammer the panels. He's an absolute maniac of a craftsman. In the Middle Ages they probably would have burned him at he stake for being a witch. ;)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

njsteve

She officially a Mopar now. I have had this Pentastar in my dresser drawer for 35 years. Finally got to pin it on something worthy. :-)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

njsteve

Got the front end and back end together now. Tried to install the headliner today but I am missing a single headliner bow clip (the clip that the end of the bow sits in).

njsteve

The saddest photo in the universe. If only I had a time machine to go back and find the broadcast sheet that was taped to this exact spot while it was rolling down the assembly line. You can see the tape and sheet fragments where it was stuck on there back in 1970.

anlauto

Those bumpers look great. That clip is available in reproduction from RT Specialties. :bigthumb:

If you were closer I'd say drop by the shop I'll likely have some in stock... :console:

njsteve

Yeah I see they sell a full set but I'd rather not spring for a dozen when I only need one. :-(

VCODE

Quote from: njsteve on October 04, 2020, 12:45:56 PM
Got the front end and back end together now. Tried to install the headliner today but I am missing a single headliner bow clip (the clip that the end of the bow sits in).

Hi Steve, She is looking real nice. Can't wait to see it. Would like to get your and my 340 Shaker cuda's together. Both FC7 340 Shaker Cuda's. I would think that James and Gunther would love to see it also.
Bob Conca 914-843-9617

njsteve

Here's a question for you 1970 340 shaker guys: what does the correct breather on the passenger side valve cover look like? Is this the right one? Because the normal tall style like on a non shaker 340 would interfere with the shaker baseplate cable bell crank bracket. And didn't the 71 340 shaker setup have a different height base plate for the Thermoquad?

anlauto

I find this really interesting. :thinking:
This is an original 71 340 shaker car BEFORE I restored it...Those two items look miles apart. :huh:

Bob...We need you.... @VCODE  :takepicture:

@76orangewagon Ross how about your 71 340 N96 ? I can't imagine 70 is different than 71  :dunno:

anlauto

Terry posted this picture in another thread which appears to be a 340 shaker as well  :rubeyes:

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2020, 07:22:16 PM
This is an original 71 340 shaker car BEFORE I restored it...Those two items look miles apart. :huh:

is this the FC7 340 4-speed convertible?  it was not a factory SHAKER car  :thumbdown:  why do you keep commenting that it was?

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 05, 2020, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 05, 2020, 07:22:16 PM

is this the FC7 340 4-speed convertible?  it was not a factory SHAKER car  :thumbdown:  why do you keep commenting that it was?
That's how the car was presented to me when I restored it.  :dunno: Whether or not it was a "factory" car, the parts in the picture pertaining to Steve's question are original parts. :alan2cents: