Main Menu

What are You building right Now ?

Started by Chryco Psycho, December 13, 2016, 07:17:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70chall440

Trying to get the motivation to tune my EFI 6 pack Challenger, clean the shop, get back to building the Cuda... Too easy to put it all off but I am starting to feel the urge again so I am sure I will be back to it soon.
Mopar or no car!!!

Cuda Cody

That 6 pack EFI looks freaking COOL!!!!   :popcorn:

70chall440

Yeah it is, I have 2 of them... a little bit of a learning curve getting it setup and tuned (still trying to figure that out). Completely changes the way the car starts and runs however. I don't think I will ever go back to a carb again.

All that said, not a cheap endeavor with lots of secondary effects; had to change the entire fuel system, ignition system, distributor, etc. Of course I could have don't it much cheaper if I didn't have to have the 6 pack version..  :D
Mopar or no car!!!

Timbbuc2

Well I am not working on a car right now but I am working on this, This is called a loom and it writes a logo in the fabric, ours is elastic. Its one of those jobs you never thought about but darn sure glad someone does it or you would be wearing your boxers around you ankles. I can put any name  or logo. The orange cords does the writing. 6 Space machine with 384 cords per space.
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I get mad when I get my fishing line tangled...  imagine the work it takes to string that machine!    :Thud:

headejm

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 02, 2017, 01:44:48 PM
Well I am not working on a car right now but I am working on this, This is called a loom and it writes a logo in the fabric, ours is elastic. Its one of those jobs you never thought about but darn sure glad someone does it or you would be wearing your boxers around you ankles. I can put any name  or logo. The orange cords does the writing. 6 Space machine with 384 cords per space.
Tim

What's wrong with wearing your boxers around your ankles?  :rofl:

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 09:46:38 PM
Tim

This literally made me laugh out loud!

This week I am in Memphis, helping out with some research at St. Jude's children's hospital.

2 weeks ago, I just finished building my house on a nice piece of acreage where I can eventually build a bigger shop.

Next week I will be back on my 70 Barracuda, test fitting and maybe firing up the 5.7 Hemi [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Timbbuc2

Quote from: headejm on February 02, 2017, 09:46:38 PM
Tim

Butt gets cold :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Get in, I'll drive

cudaragtop

Some more progress made on the Barracuda at the body shop.

Moving along. New F/R valances, Door corners, some deck lid rust repairs still to go.
Will POR the entire floor inside.

Decided on Black interior sheet metal vs body color.

Should it be gloss, semigloss or satin through out?  Single stage or base/clear.
How did you do yours? Any pictures?

Car will be 2015 Viper Gunmetal Pearl Gray with matte or satin black wheels

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Cuda Cody

No joke!   :clapping:  Man, that bodywork is looking great and going fast!!!!     :cool:

Quote from: cudaragtop on February 10, 2017, 07:11:10 PM
Moving along.

cudaragtop

Anyone ever eliminate the vent opening in the cowl? Classic Auto Air AC System does not use outside air and blocks it off inside.
I'm thinking eliminating the grated opening for the vents in the cowl. Smoothed out would look really nice and also eliminate a source for collecting crap or leaks.

The windshield squirters would need to be moved but I think I can find late model little black squirters and mount them on the cowl like these.
Will fill the firewall holes too.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

cuda hunter

Wish I was building a car.  But I'm not.  This is what I'm working on.  I'm the general and I do all the work myself with a few employees and a couple sub contractors. 
It's about 6500 sq.ft. and is at 9500' elevation.  We had Elk in the driveway 4 days ago.  Deer all the time and bear's in the spring.  Bob cat and Mountain lion tracks once in a while.
I can see 4 different mountain ranges from my work site.  The Colllegiates, the Sangre De Cristo's, the mosquito's and the San Juan's. 
This is a basic engineered drawing of the home.  Roof to be Shake style tile, stone in most places, some stucco, fancy metal hand rails on deck railings, wood trim, etc. etc. 

This is currently Where I am at with the progress of this home.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

anlauto

@cuda hunter  Is this a personal home or a customer?
What does it cost to build a home like that ? Just the house, not the land.

Not what is worth finished, but what someone would pay to have it built and what are your margins ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration