normal_post in Back glass reveal moldings in Body Shop Author Topic: Back glass reveal moldings  (Read 235 times)

Offline Mrbill426

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
xx in Back glass reveal moldings in Body Shop
Back glass reveal moldings
« on: April 30, 2022, 11:22:15 AM »
With regards to the back glass reveal moldings are they chrome or anodized aluminum? I am trying to figure the best way to (at home) clean and polish them out.

:wrenching:

Linkback: https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/back-glass-reveal-moldings/25151/

Offline headejm

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Six Pack
  • index in Back glass reveal moldings in Body Shop
  • No matter where you go...there you are
    • Share Post
Re: Back glass reveal moldings
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
Chrome. Watch Cody’s video in the Resources section. Excellent video for restoring trim.  :perfect10:

Offline Mrbill426

• Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »
@headejm thanks!  I have to work on all of the trim.  Looks like the deck lid and belt line moldings are aluminum which is another matter.  I'd replace the deck lid moldings but from what I have read the replacement ones don't fit worth a damn, as with the (Cuda) wheel opening moldings.  ::)

Chrome. Watch Cody’s video in the Resources section. Excellent video for restoring trim.  :perfect10:

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »

Offline headejm

• Six Pack
  • index in Back glass reveal moldings in Body Shop
  • No matter where you go...there you are
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 12:13:45 PM »
The SS chrome trim on our cars is very tough. You can beat out the dents, sand them with progressive grits of sand paper, and polish them to look like new.

The aluminum trim not so much. Not a lot you can do with bad aluminum trim but some lessor damaged ones can be brought back to close to new looking.

On my 1970 Challenger, the belt line trim is SS Chrome. The aluminum trim on my car is the front edge of the hood, deck lid, wheel opening, and front valance.

I bought new wheel opening trim from Roseville and they fit pretty nicely. Ask them about the aluminum trim pieces you need. They are straight shooters and will tell you if they will fit okay or not.

Offline Mrbill426

• Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 12:26:32 PM »
Well from what I have been told by some folks, including vendors, is that the Challenger wheel lip molding fit ok but the Cuda ones do not follow the opening angles correctly; how hard can it be to tool one right and the other wrong?  :dunno:  I have a friend with a 70 Cuda and his aftermarkets leave a gap between the molding and the fender down towards the bottom.  For what they charge for those things it look goofy...  Been a while so maybe they have fixed the problem.

The SS chrome trim on our cars is very tough. You can beat out the dents, sand them with progressive grits of sand paper, and polish them to look like new.

The aluminum trim not so much. Not a lot you can do with bad aluminum trim but some lessor damaged ones can be brought back to close to new looking.

On my 1970 Challenger, the belt line trim is SS Chrome. The aluminum trim on my car is the front edge of the hood, deck lid, wheel opening, and front valance.

I bought new wheel opening trim from Roseville and they fit pretty nicely. Ask them about the aluminum trim pieces you need. They are straight shooters and will tell you if they will fit okay or not.

Offline B5fourspeed

• Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »
I used the new AMD Cuda wheel well molding.Fit was a 9 out 10.To make all 4 a 10 took me about 20 minutes.I did not cut 1 of them.I couldn’t believe how nice they look and fit.

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

question
Back glass reveal molding attachment

Started by Mrbill426

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2022, 08:52:04 AM
by Mrbill426
question
Back glass reveal molding install

Started by Mrbill426

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2022, 07:35:35 PM
by Mrbill426
xx
WTB: driver 70 cuda tail light asselby, rear window glass and more trim/moldings

Started by silver70

6 Replies
Last post June 16, 2017, 08:51:03 PM
by silver70
xx
71 challenger side moldings, oem rear challenger convertible glass

Started by silver70

8 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 07:02:21 PM
by 7E-Bodies
clip
Back glass clips (right ones?)