Main Menu

Reveal molding clip screws

Started by Mrbill426, December 31, 2022, 01:09:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

Can anyone please tell me what size screws are used to mount the back glass reveal molding clips?  The top and side clips slide over pins but clips on my new deck filler panel will be needing screws (no pins).

Thanks!

69BFan

8-18 x 3/8 Inch with a 0.29 head diameter.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Mrbill426

@69BFan , 8-18 sounds like a machine screw.  Or are they #8 sheet metal screws?

Quote from: 69BFan on December 31, 2022, 05:51:08 PM
8-18 x 3/8 Inch with a 0.29 head diameter.

69BFan

They are a tapping screw as in sheet metal.  I can get the Auveco or CarPak part number tomorrow.  Same screw as used on the 65 to 69 Mopar wheel lip trim and the outer door felts for the 71-74 E-Bodies.  Originals had the wax on the tip to assist in sealing.  Very inexpensive for a box of 100 at your local body shop supply store.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Mrbill426

@69BFan , that would be great; thanks!  :bigthumb:

Quote from: 69BFan on December 31, 2022, 07:30:00 PM
They are a tapping screw as in sheet metal.  I can get the Auveco or CarPak part number tomorrow.  Same screw as used on the 65 to 69 Mopar wheel lip trim and the outer door felts for the 71-74 E-Bodies.  Originals had the wax on the tip to assist in sealing.  Very inexpensive for a box of 100 at your local body shop supply store.

69BFan

@Mrbill426, here is the Auveco box and part number for the reveal trim screw that is now available.  Did not locate a box for the CarPac variety, but basically the same screw except for CarPac has the wax coated tip.  You can probably buy a whole box cheaper  at your local body shop supply house than what you will find them on EBay, etc.  Probably can find a very close replacement at any well stock hardware store as well.

Mrbill426

@69BFan , perfect, thanks much!  :bigthumb:

Quote from: 69BFan on January 01, 2023, 03:07:23 PM
@Mrbill426, here is the Auveco box and part number for the reveal trim screw that is now available.  Did not locate a box for the CarPac variety, but basically the same screw except for CarPac has the wax coated tip.  You can probably buy a whole box cheaper  at your local body shop supply house than what you will find them on EBay, etc.  Probably can find a very close replacement at any well stock hardware store as well.