Main Menu

Back glass reveal molding clip mounting

Started by Mrbill426, October 21, 2022, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mrbill426

The replacement rear deck filler panel for our Cuda did not come pre-drilled for the reveal molding clip screws, and the old panel is long gone...  Does anyone have their back glass out that can measure the distance from the top surface down to the center of the screw holes, or does anyone know the answer right off?   I don't want to just "assume" it is the same distance as the side and upper molding clip mounting "pins" are without asking. 

Also are there actually eight clip positions across the bottom as indicated in the illustration @E-bodies.org, and are they equally spaced?

Thanks!

anlauto

The clip should end up flush, or just below the roof :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

@anlauto , and flush or just below the filler panel top surface too?  That's the area I am concerned with.

Thanks

Quote from: anlauto on October 21, 2022, 02:23:00 PM
The clip should end up flush, or just below the roof :alan2cents:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mrbill426

@anlauto ok thanks.
Should there be eight evenly spaced clips across the bottom like the illustration shows?

Quote from: anlauto on October 21, 2022, 06:45:06 PM
Should be the same all the way around :alan2cents:

anlauto

Picture posted is of a Challenger, but I'm sure they are similar  :alan2cents:

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Mrbill426