Main Menu

floor pan bracket- speedo clip

Started by pink aar, June 05, 2018, 10:59:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

Does anyone know where I can find one of these clip-bracket that goes on the driver side floor pan? Its for the speed o cable.

Cuda Cody

Should be pretty easy to make one.  What happened to the one on your old pan?

RUNCHARGER

I was going to suggest making one as well.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 05, 2018, 11:16:35 AM
Should be pretty easy to make one.  What happened to the one on your old pan?

Just drill out the spot weld of your old one. 

pink aar

Cody , this being my  first MOPAR it's been a learning curve. I trashed the floor pan before I realizes I need the bracket-clip.  When you start out with a pile of rust to make something out of it, it's a job.

Here's what I started with. That's why  I ask questions and LOVE google pictures.

manycj

I ran into the same problem you did.  I ended up making my own.  The hardest part was finding a picture of what it looked like. 
<I>If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so no onw can!"</I>

69BFan

This is the clip that we make up for the cable.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

BillyB

Quote from: 69BFan on June 06, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
This is the clip that we make up for the cable.

OK, this thread is a bit dated, but it covers my EXACT situation....which I only discovered recently after almost 20 years of restoring my darn Challenger T/A!

Can you provide some basic dimensional details like gauge of sheet metal used, width and length of the strip to start with, inside radius of bends, etc.?

Or you could just sell me one you have made :D

R/T's 4 R/P

Would an AMD dealer have one? I thought that they came with their drivers floor pans.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Floyd

69Bfan's post makes it sound like he made them?  Maybe send him a PM?

BillyB

I checked with AMD a while back and not available :thumbdown:

And I actually did PM 69BFan in hopes of purchasing one   :fingerscrossed:

BillyB

FYI. Another forum member sent me this link:

https://nationalmoparts.com/parts-catalogue?page=shop.product_details&product_id=4594

I bought a couple and they look like they will work fine to me. (Bought an extra in case I screw up the first one) :-[

Thanks for the link jetmech