Main Menu

Quarter panel body line transition

Started by Challenger in NC, June 09, 2019, 05:42:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Hi All,

My car is being shipped to the bodyshop next week and I was test fitting all the trim. If you look at the first two photos, the quarter panel body line sits kind of high in relation to the trim profile. These are AMD panels and I'm wondering if this is typical for these. In the second set of photos, the body line appears to blend in better with the trim bend. Could my trim be part of the problem? It immediately caught my eye but I don't know if I should have the bodyshop mess with it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks Chris

Cuda Cody

Always line up all your trim (rear tail, rear window, front windshield, headlight bezel, ect) before paint. Your bodyshop should ask for those items so they can adjust the metal work to fit the trim.  :alan2cents:

Challenger in NC

Just to clarify, the second set of photos is not my car but one I was showing as a comparison.

anlauto

Yea that's pretty typical...easy fix for a body shop. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Is the trim reproduction too? That's pretty far off.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Rich G. on June 10, 2019, 04:50:14 AM
Is the trim reproduction too? That's pretty far off.

The trim may not be original, not really sure, its kinda beat up. Ill talk to the bodyshop to see what they can do.