Main Menu

Hood Pins on a 72+ Challenger

Started by dave73, June 05, 2019, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

For those of you who have put hood pins on a 72+ challenger, where did you attach the cable on the inner fender/header panel? Doesn't look like 72+ has the pre-drilled hole like a 70 would have. Figured I'd ask before I go drilling a new hole

JS29

hood pins were not optional on 72-74 E-body's.   :alan2cents:

dave73

Either was a 440, louvers, t/a spoiler but that's what my car has now...half of my car wasn't optional

I'm sure someone has put hood pins on a 72+

318Stroker

Mine are attached to the top of the core support. If you need approx measurements as to where, let me know. I can also measure lanyard length if needed.

dave73

Quote from: 318Stroker on June 05, 2019, 01:14:20 PM
Mine are attached to the top of the core support. If you need approx measurements as to where, let me know. I can also measure lanyard length if needed.

Did you drill holes? My lanyards are 18". If you have a picture and/or measurements that'd be helpful. Thanks!

IRON MAN

This may help. This is the location for cable and pin on a T/A(top photo). Bottom photo R/T

318Stroker

Quote from: dave73chally on June 05, 2019, 01:25:32 PM
Quote from: 318Stroker on June 05, 2019, 01:14:20 PM

Did you drill holes? My lanyards are 18". If you have a picture and/or measurements that'd be helpful. Thanks!

See the picture below. I used the existing hole in the core support, which is about 3 1/2" inboard from the inboard fender attaching bolt which goes through the core support. if you use that spot to attach your lanyards, you'll need them to be 23" long.