Main Menu

Inner Fender Brackets

Started by soundcontrol, June 18, 2019, 07:02:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Gonna order some parts for my 73 project, it does not have any inner fenders since the previous owner cut everything in front of the fire wall off. Gonna order from Mopar Shop in Germany this time, after my Tamraz disaster order where half of my stuff was missing. I'm confused with the brackets, in the listings I find all of those inner fender to cowl brackets. Do I need all of these? I will not use the stock brace, gonna weld in US Car Tools fender braces.

Cuda Cody

I would contact Dave at Roseville.  He's going to be the best vendor to buy from in your situation.   :alan2cents:  And he knows these cars inside and out.

anlauto

The last two are not E Body and the part number shown does not exist on AMD's web site.

If you have NOTHING on your firewall and upper cowl, then YES you will need all the items pictured and more.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 18, 2019, 07:18:06 AM
I would contact Dave at Roseville.  He's going to be the best vendor to buy from in your situation.   :alan2cents:  And he knows these cars inside and out.

I know, I usually buy from Dave, but it involves 3-4 months of waiting for my overseas shipper, if I buy what was missing from Tamraz (I already order these items from Tamraz when they had a 50% off New Years Sale, and the did not send them). Germany is more expensive, but I'll have them in 4-5 days.

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2019, 07:24:00 AM
The last two are not E Body and the part number shown does not exist on AMD's web site.

If you have NOTHING on your firewall and upper cowl, then YES you will need all the items pictured and more.

I thought those looked very unfamiliar! Thanks Alan.
I'm ordering inner fenders, and I'm replacing the whole firewall/cowl. What else than those brackets do I need?

anlauto

You'll need the shock tower braces.  I don't think AMD has them  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

You'll need two each of these. Goodmark makes them. The little brackets in your second picture are already on the end of the part in my first picture

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2019, 09:26:36 AM
You'll need two each of these. Goodmark makes them. The little brackets in your second picture are already on the end of the part in my first picture

Aha, do I need those even if I plan to install US Car Tools Inner fender braces? They normally go on top of the stock ones.
Like the ones I installed on my convertible.

anlauto

70 Challenger Lover

You still need the triangular shock tower braces, but the longer arms going to the cowl get eliminated as well as the little bracket from the arm to the cowl.

Brads70

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 18, 2019, 11:46:37 AM
You still need the triangular shock tower braces, but the longer arms going to the cowl get eliminated as well as the little bracket from the arm to the cowl.

:iagree:  you still need them with the US Cartool braces.

soundcontrol

Great info! I'll look for the shock tower braces also.
Thanks guys!