Main Menu

Modern Wiper options?

Started by 70vert, September 17, 2022, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

I bought these Trico wipers hoping they might work on the original arms but so far no luck. They look similar but don't "snap" in tight, maybe I'm doing something wrong or just not possible. Has anyone found a better option than the stock wipers? I seldom drive in the rain so really just wanted something besides the dull aluminum (i.e black). I can always just paint them but also thought something modern would be better if I get stuck out in the rain. I figure some of the resto-mod guys have addressed this.

Any suggestions, or admonishment welcomed.  :D

Brads70

70vert

Quote from: Brads70 on September 17, 2022, 01:38:04 PM
I got mine from Dave at Roseville. Always good to support our site sponsor ! :bradsthumb:
https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/wiper-blades-16-1968-74-mopar-anco/

I actually have these on my car now, just wanting something more "modern" looking. I like the looks and performance of the beam blades and certainly silicone or graphite (rain-ex) coated seem to work great on my JGC. Always looking for ways to spend more money haha!

moreparts

Along these lines, I replaced the rubber of my old one with silicone.  There's a seller on ebay who sells silicon refills that you can cut to fit.  The price was really cheap too.  It was about a buck and a half for a pair with free shipping.  I bet you can guess where they shipped from.

anlauto

You have to be careful they are not too tall and will hit the hood :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Minimal options available that will clear  the hood correctly .

moparx5

who drives their car in the rain ???? lol

70vert

Haha, I don't on purpose but I drive it quite a bit (errands and for fun) and have gotten stuck in the rain a few times. But really is mostly about looks. The stock wipers look a little dated and sad and I figured surely there is a resto-mod alternative folks are using. But if not I will just paint them black as I mentioned.