Main Menu

Replacement FENDER TAGS - - UPDATE

Started by anlauto, November 19, 2021, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

With AG BackEast out of commission until at least April/May 2022, I was please to find another company that can reproduce the fender tags....
I can't speak to their quality yet, but I have ordered two sets to try them out....
I can post pictures once they arrive ... :)

http://www.tagmyclassic.com/FoxsetStudioPage.aspx?pgid=tagmyclass0

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jocigar

Hi Alan.   Good to know   Will they decode 71 build sheet. 

Would be good to have even if I'm not keeping G code or gold color.   

Look forward to seeing how they look.   Thx

anlauto

Most places that make the tags won't do the "decode" unless you go through a service like MMC Detroit or Galen Govier.  There are PLENTY of guys on here that can help you with the lay-out, and having the broadcast sheet makes it possible to have an accurate tag reproduced.
Once you have the lay-out, just send in that and have the tag made, or they will copy an rusty original if you have one.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FE5CUDA

Definitely post up a picture of your reproduction tag when you get it so we can tell you what's wrong with it.  If it's not a copy of an original I can, almost, guarantee there will be issues, so why do one.   :dunno:

70vert

Does a company have to register or be certified to do the reproductions? I hope so!

anlauto

Quote from: FE5CUDA on November 24, 2021, 07:13:40 AM
Definitely post up a picture of your reproduction tag when you get it so we can tell you what's wrong with it.  If it's not a copy of an original I can, almost, guarantee there will be issues, so why do one.   :dunno:

Here are the pictures I promised, I think they look great....I'm sure the experts on this forum may be able to tell me what's wrong with them, so have at it....PLEASE point out everything that's wrong with my reproduction tags...  :brainiac:

anlauto

Here's the other set I had made...full of mistakes  :crazytalk: :crazytalk:

cuda hunter

I'm having a hard time finding aclone in the code book....
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

@cuda hunter  I think it shoud say ACLOWN,  It's just an attempt for one to draw attention to them selves.  ::)

ragtopdodge

Kind of funny.

Ya, definitely no 4-speeds came w/318s in 1971.

Quality looks good.

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on November 24, 2021, 11:44:58 AM
@cuda hunter  I think it shoud say ACLOWN,  It's just an attempt for one to draw attention to them selves.  ::)

I hope you don't mean FE5CUDA, he's just simply stating that he and others on here can find "mistakes" in any reproduction tag, and it looks as if Cuda Hunter has already proven that by finding one.... :worship:

...and I know you don't mean me because I'm simply promoting a new(to me) company that I found that can reproduce tags while the major player "AG Backeast" is out of commission  http://www.tagmyclassic.com/FoxsetStudioPage.aspx?pgid=tagmyclass0  :twothumbsup:

anlauto

Quote from: ragtopdodge on November 24, 2021, 11:46:41 AM
Kind of funny.

Ya, definitely no 4-speeds came w/318s in 1971.

Quality looks good.

That's interesting, I did not know that...

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Skdmark

PRXW not available in 71 either.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

cuda hunter

The tags do look pretty good.  But I'm not an expert and I am still learning.  Definitely new to the mopar compared to most folk here.