Main Menu

Rotisserie mounting question

Started by truckinman466, October 09, 2018, 06:01:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

Getting ready to put my car on the rotisserie. I have to make some connecting pieces for it. Does anyone have pictures of how and where to connect it to my car?  73 Challenger. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Rich G.

When I did my Cuda I attached it to where the bumper brackets mount.

larry4406

On my Cuda I used a piece of angle iron drilled to match the rear bumper bolts.  I then welded a section of tube steel to that with a larger tube steel sleeve on the end to mate with  with the arm on the rotissorie.

I was careful to make the rear brackets so that I could fit the rear valence as well.  Hope this helps.

truckinman466

Yeah,that helps. I was thinking about the same thing. Thanks

larry4406

I found some more pictures of the rear mount from when I built my rotisserie.

larry4406

I also made a mount version that used a large bolt thru the rear spring eye location.

truckinman466

What did you do for the front?  Use the bumper bolt holes ?

soundcontrol

Here's how I did my front, and the rear is the bumper bolts holes. Worked well.

Added a pict of the read, my other car though.

truckinman466

larry4406

My front end brackets were made out of channel and bolt to the frame at the bumper bolt locations. 

I Z'eed the brackets so that the front valence could be installed.  I bolted the brackets to the car then slid a tube thru the sleeves prior to welding the sleeves to the brackets.  The downside to the Z'eed arrangement is that it significantly raised the attachment height and my rotisserie head ran out of vertical height adjustment that was needed to tune it to the car's CG.  I later fixed that by welding channel to the bottom of the brackets with another guide tube; this lowered the attachment point enabling me to tune perfectly to the CG.

soundcontrol

Very smart Larry! Is the a difference in height on the front and rear points of balance and if so, does it affect the rotation?

larry4406

Quote from: soundcontrol on October 12, 2018, 03:27:43 AM
Very smart Larry! Is the a difference in height on the front and rear points of balance and if so, does it affect the rotation?

Thanks Sound Control!

No the axis of rotation of both arbors is identical so it spins true just like bearings on a crankshaft.  The arbor height is set by pins in the tower portion and both are pinned the same.  However I have the "T" bars adjustable via a threaded rod (ie - I can change the throw of the crankshaft).  This allows me to raise/lower the body relative to the fixed axis of rotation so as to find the sweet spot when the CG and axis of rotation align.

soundcontrol

Quote from: larry4406 on October 12, 2018, 04:41:42 AM

Thanks Sound Control!

No the axis of rotation of both arbors is identical so it spins true just like bearings on a crankshaft.  The arbor height is set by pins in the tower portion and both are pinned the same.  However I have the "T" bars adjustable via a threaded rod (ie - I can change the throw of the crankshaft).  This allows me to raise/lower the body relative to the fixed axis of rotation so as to find the sweet spot when the CG and axis of rotation align.

Nice! Mine is roughly adjustable that way just by bolt holes, and I have no jacks.

larry4406

Quote from: soundcontrol on October 12, 2018, 03:05:07 PM
Quote from: larry4406 on October 12, 2018, 04:41:42 AM

Thanks Sound Control!

Nice! Mine is roughly adjustable that way just by bolt holes, and I have no jacks.

The jacks are quite handy!  With the body as a roller connect the rotisserie, start jacking up, remove the rear axle and springs, keep going, remove the front, pin the towers equally, etc, then tune the CG.

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Out of curiosity, how long is the car and rotisserie while they are attached?