Main Menu

Smooth non-bumperette rear valance?

Started by FSHTAIL, December 01, 2017, 01:21:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

Is there anyone that makes these?
I've seen lots of pictures of cars setup like this, looking for a vender.   Thanks. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

moparcar

I think most people just cut, fab and weld. If you're running leaf springs, check clearances I believe (I could be wrong on that).

That Speedkore Cuda picture you posted is such a high end custom with many true carbon fiber pieces, etc. they most likely fabbed it originally. IF they happened to do it in carbon for that car they may sell it as they are making their carbon fiber body panels available for purchase. Expensive but light.

Wes

Burdar

I highly doubt the car pictured above is running leaf springs.

If you are running leaf springs, you need the bumps in the valance to clear the shackles. You COULD weld up the open slot and not run a bumperette but you need the bumps in the valance.

FSHTAIL

Quote from: Burdar on December 01, 2017, 05:50:41 AM

If you are running leaf springs, you need the bumps in the valance to clear the shackles. You COULD weld up the open slot and not run a bumperette but you need the bumps in the valance.
Thanks for the advice.     
I didn't know.   

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on December 01, 2017, 02:31:19 PM
Quote from: Burdar on December 01, 2017, 05:50:41 AM

Thanks for the advice.     
I didn't know.   

I would bet that car is on coil overs that are adjustable.  Remember most "photo cars" are not really drive-able.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon