Main Menu

What is the -best- roof rail to glass seal out there?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, January 17, 2019, 07:02:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

I have all near weatherstrip and seals on my car and the drip rail to glass seal has never been right. I believe I have the Metro "super soft" seals, but I can't seem to find what exactly I bought in my email.

Anyway, the seal I have didn't go in all that well relative to the stainless trim and it doesn't seem to "puff out" as much as I think it should to meet the glass. I am considering starting over and getting new seals.

What's out there?
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda Cody

I think I used Soft Seal the last couple times and it worked pretty good.  Can you post a photo of the area you think should puff out more and I'll see if I can get a photo of mine for you to compare it too.  For what it's worth, mine seal great and sit tight to the glass.

edison1970

I had the same problem. I bought ones for 71-74 and they just didn't fit as well as the original ones. The shape didn't come close to the factory.  I was told to order the 1970 seal because they fit better. I ended up finding a decent used set for now.

Topcat

Metro gave me hell on the trunk seal.

Switched to Soft Seal and it worked perfect.

This isn't the first or last issue we've seen or heard about on weather stripping.

We need to get everybody having issues to report feedback so we can all see what pattern problems are occurring.

Keep this thread alive and report what wasn't working.

GoodysGotaCuda

This is what I have, along with AMD roof rail trim.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 18, 2019, 07:20:15 PM
This is what I have,
Interesting. I have the same brand on my car - Challenger - and they fit great. I have factory roof rails though. Is it the sharp bend above the quarter window that gives you grief?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

I can send a sample of the OEM roof rail seal to anyone who is wanting a sample to compare to their new one's.

edison1970

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: edison1970 on January 20, 2019, 03:48:18 PM
https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/drip-rail-molding-seals/6999/
This is the thread I started earlier this year. I showed the new to factory piece.

Good photos, I wonder what their 1970 seals look like.
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Priesty

See link from old forum, Metro seals wouldn't stay in place for me, Soffseal were the winners hands down.See cross sectional pics in other thread.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=114248.0
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr