Main Menu

Who’s door glass to buy

Started by Rich G., June 10, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on June 21, 2018, 06:11:03 AM
Tamraz's. It was drop shipped from AMD . How you ship glass in a cardboard box and expect it to show up in one piece is beyond me!

"dropped shipped" is right  :pullinghair: Did you try Dave at Roseville ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

Well the second shipment didn't even make it out of the truck and the UPS driver refused to deliver it because the box was already crushed! I wonder how many times AMD will keep shipping glass in a cardboard box before they decide to refund my money or learn how to pack glass!

anlauto

I've got dozens of pieces of AMD glass shipped to Canada in cardboard boxes with zero issues to date :dunno: Maybe it's Tamraz ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

It's not Tamraz, it's coming straight from AMD. I talked to AMD about it and they weren't to concerned about it and just said yes it happens. 😳

Rich G.

Well after 3 sets of glass was drop shipped from AMD by UPS I finally got some glass. 8 pieces destroyed by UPS and then they decided to ship it in 2 separate boxes packed a lot better and sent by Fed Ex. Showed up perfect. 1/4 glass is in and looks good but now 1 door glass is on backorder from AMD. I'm sure it will take forever for them to restock them.

leglhi

Got my side glass from Dave,AMD stuff.Looks beautiful and fit perfect.I recommend the tinted A/C stuff.Now my 1/4 glass looks like crap and i'll be ordering those shortly.Should have done it to begin with.
If it ain't broke,fix it till it is

RUNCHARGER

Backorder now! Sunofa&^$%%*&*.
Sheldon

Yeya93

@71vert340 did you have any issues installing plastic hardware onto your door glass? the hole on my auto city glass door glass is larger than my original. so my hardware is loose once installed.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

71vert340

Ì did not. Mine was snug. In my previous answer, I stated I replaced the bushings wherever my hardware passed through the glass. I have used plastic bushings in the past on various cars to take up any fit problems. I get miscellaneous plastic bushings at hardware store and drill to fit.
Terry W.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 71vert340 on June 10, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
I went with Auto City Classic glass when the drivers window shattered while sitting in the shop. I found it sometime later. I ordered the glass and installed it with my wife's help. Fits great. Not wavy that I can tell. I did replace any non metallic pieces to ensure that I did not have any direct metal contact to the glass to prevent the window from shattering again.
Terry

Was this on your convertible Terry?

71vert340

Yes, on my convertible.
Terry W.