Main Menu

MOPAR NATIONALS...Looking ahead, now that Carlisle is over.

Started by 76orangewagon, July 18, 2017, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

I guess I'm not going. I have to many projects I need to get caught up on. That seven hour drive with truck and trailer is just not sounding appealing to me either.

Burdar

It's not the drive out that bothers me.  I actually enjoy that.  It's the drive home that sucks!

cudaized

Mopar Nationals
Columbus, Ohio

If anyone is interested in purchasing my book, I will be bringing some with me to the NATS. $20
I will dedicate and sign it for you.

If you have purchased a copy from a different source, I will be happy to sign your copy at the show.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Burdar

anlauto

So that's it two maybe three members going ?
Be sure to give us a full report and pictures when you get back  :needphotos:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Timmy C

I am heading out in the morning.  Will be searching the swap meet first thing Friday.  Always enjoy the show.  Have been going since the first year they had it in Indy. 

76orangewagon

Quote from: cudaized on August 09, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
Mopar Nationals
Columbus, Ohio

If anyone is interested in purchasing my book, I will be bringing some with me to the NATS. $20
I will dedicate and sign it for you.

If you have purchased a copy from a different source, I will be happy to sign your copy at the show.

Ill bring my copy with me....I will hit the swap meet and then be hanging out under the Big tent next to the staging lanes.

Mickm

Well, I just returned from the Streetrod Nationals in Loisville, Ky. And am giving thought to attending the Mopar Nats next year so this thread is of interest.

I am a bit disappointed in the common dis-satisfaction from many posting here.

At the SR Nats, there were a common parking lot for Mopars. There were approximately 50 there which was pretty cool.

That show has about 10,000 or so cars but seems to very pretty well organized.

So, if not the Nats, what would be the best mopar show to attend?

Cheers!
Mickm

anlauto

Quote from: Mickm on August 09, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

So, if not the Nats, what would be the best mopar show to attend?

Unless you're really into drag racing, there's absolutely no need to go to the Mopar Nationals. :alan2cents:

Hands down Carlisle is the biggest, best Mopar show on Earth followed by Moparfest for shear size. 1500-2000 MOPARS ONLY show cars.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on August 09, 2017, 07:08:39 PM
Unless you're really into drag racing, there's absolutely no need to go to the Mopar Nationals. :alan2cents:

Hands down Carlisle is the biggest, best Mopar show on Earth followed by Moparfest for shear size. 1500-2000 MOPARS ONLY show cars.
Have you been to Mopars in the Park? Just south of the Twin Cities?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Burdar

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on August 09, 2017, 07:48:10 PM
Quote from: anlauto on August 09, 2017, 07:08:39 PM

Have you been to Mopars in the Park? Just south of the Twin Cities?

No, I've never been....How many show cars do they get ? I'm referring to size. I know there a lot of really great small shows out there. :ohyeah:

76orangewagon

[/quote]

I have to disagree that there is No need to go to the Mopar Nationals other than Drag Racing.
Sure, there are several flaws in the way things are run and organized but it draws a lot of vendors in the Midway and you can usually find what your looking for in the swap meet area even though it might not be as Big as Carlisle and the car corral is usually packed. They still draw probably 1200+ SHOW cars.
I'm not sure about this year but in the past there has always been a O.E. Judged tent for the Best of the Best.
For me the drag racing is the most unappealing thing about the nationals, when I go to a drag race I like to pull for the Mopar when racing a Chevy, Ford or import but there its just Mopar against Mopar so there all winners !!!!! Not to mention since my buddy has the 40' x 120' tent next full of historic Mopars (Silver Bullitt, Mopar missile) next to the staging lanes it's hard to hold a conversation with fellow Mopar enthusiasts while enjoying an adult cocktail with all the cars with open headers 60 feet away.   

anlauto

Let me rephrase that.....There is nothing at the Nationals, except drag racing that you can't find at other shows....okay....maybe the crazy night life if that still happens..... :dunno:

The Nationals has a "cult" like following and it always will  :worship: ....the show owners are banking on it.   :bigmoney:

71cuda#match

Yeah, the Nets has been dropping vendor attendance, and other shifting from the Midway to the swap area, but still a great time to meet old friends, and pick up stuff.  I will be there, and it would be nice to have a time to meet other E-Bodies Online members.  Let me know.  Mike