Main Menu

moparty 2024?

Started by krazy931, September 03, 2024, 05:00:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

krazy931

Anyone going g to moparty this year?  My cars not ready but I'll be there hopefully bringing parts home again...

JH27N0B

I know a few here including me are planning to go.
My club, the Chicagoland Mopar Connection, gets a decent showing going there and we park together.  I don't know if we'll have any E bodies in our group this year though, I am planning to take my Magnum GT and can't think of anyone offhand in our group who will take one.
Mopar Mitch here is getting his T/A ready for the Autocross.
I'm not vending but if anyone has any parts on their wanted list post them here, I have some stuff stashed away and would be happy to bring to the show if  someone needs something.
Fingers crossed for great dry weather this year!

krazy931

nice! I am apart of the chicagoland mopars facebook group but none have really talked about it over there. always looking to meet and see others cool mopars, last year I got to see @GoMangoBoys challenger there and we talked a bit.
I'll be looking for some barracuda stuff but always dependent on prices :crying:   , being in the chicago area if anyone is around there that ever has some stuff they are needing gone I'm not too far away, thats always a easy trip up that way

fc7cuda

I got a couple vendor spots.  B42-43

Taking some Cuda deck lids, exhaust manifolds, 14 x 5.5" Road Wheels, NOS air cleaner base 440-6, repo Oval air filters, horns, NOS 1970 E-body Clutch switch, 1970 Leather bucket seats(cores), rear seats(nice condition), 4sp 70 console(no breaks), automatic console 71-74, 440-6 auto distributor, knuckle style center caps, etc.

PM me if you're looking for anything I might could bring.

Tom

69BFan

New for this year will be areas blocked off for car clubs or groups who have registered at least 15 cars for the car show.  The deadline for this is the 7th.  You must identify yourself on the registration as being a part of "XYZ Group" as an example.  I personally think that it was late being promoted for club participation, but hopefully things will go over well and will be grandfathered in for next year.  I know that swap meet spaces will be grandfathered in for next year, based on this year's registration. 

Geoff called me this afternoon concerning our spaces as he is in Bowling Green now setting things up for LS Fest.  Things are looking good for the show.  They have gotten some new feature cars to be presented for the first time.  The swap meet is already looking to have to move the temporary fencing to allow for another row of vendors.  Things are looking very promising.

I will reach out to Martin Chrysler Dodge Ram to see if they are planning to have the organized cruise at the dealership on Thursday night as a kickoff to the event.  It was well received last year.

We will be bringing our typical assortment of reproduction parts.  Any special request for items like louvers, exhaust tips and systems, decals, then let me know ASAP as we will be leaving Tuesday night late and will be setting up on Wednesday and Thursday for the show.  We will be easy to find.  Just look on the map of the facilities for the Dale's Cuda Shop / Restoration Parts and Materials spot.

See you guys next week,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

JH27N0B

Quote from: krazy931 on September 03, 2024, 04:39:40 PMnice! I am apart of the chicagoland mopars facebook group but none have really talked about it over there. always looking to meet and see others cool mopars, last year I got to see @GoMangoBoys challenger there and we talked a bit.
I'll be looking for some barracuda stuff but always dependent on prices :crying:   , being in the chicago area if anyone is around there that ever has some stuff they are needing gone I'm not too far away, thats always a easy trip up that way
If you're not already a member, you should consider joining CMC.  We have over 400 members in 4 chapters spread among the northern Illinois region and sponsor shows and a swap meet.  The club is providing lunch to members one day of Moparty.  I wonder if we'll get 15 cars, we had maybe 9 or 10 last year, and 25 or 30 members there.
https://www.chicagolandmopar.com/

jt4406

I hope to be there again this year! Stop by and say hello.  :cheers:  jess t
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

captcolour

We will be there first time as vendors A41-A43.  Weather forecast looks good right now.  Mid-80s and no rain.  Fingers crossed.

69BFan

I have just got off the phone with the general manager for the Martin CDJR. Unfortunately, due to some logistic problems with having to move 170 plus cars from their auxiliary lot, they have determined that it is not possible to stage the cruise in / kick off show for this year and the Moparty event.

The manager said that they were staging an event even prior to the Moparty and that it will be back on the schedule for next year.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

JH27N0B

Quote from: 69BFan on September 04, 2024, 09:46:28 AMI have just got off the phone with the general manager for the Martin CDJR. Unfortunately, due to some logistic problems with having to move 170 plus cars from their auxiliary lot, they have determined that it is not possible to stage the cruise in / kick off show for this year and the Moparty event.

The manager said that they were staging an event even prior to the Moparty and that it will be back on the schedule for next year.
Thanks for checking on that Rich.  Sorry to hear it's not happening, it was a great start to the weekend the last couple Mopartys.
I'm planning on taking my Magnum this time, good lord willing and the trailer doesn't break.  There is a nice lot by the hotels we stay at, so if anyone is out cruising around in the evening, head over by Cave Mill road and stop by if you see us hanging out there!

krazy931

I am looking for a drivers side amd fender,  which seems to be on back order at most shops, so if any vendors have one and bringing it to moparty that'd be great

captcolour

Quote from: 69BFan on September 04, 2024, 09:46:28 AMI have just got off the phone with the general manager for the Martin CDJR. Unfortunately, due to some logistic problems with having to move 170 plus cars from their auxiliary lot, they have determined that it is not possible to stage the cruise in / kick off show for this year and the Moparty event.

Gotta store all those EV's somewhere  :D

JH27N0B

Quote from: captcolour on September 05, 2024, 06:21:47 AM

Gotta store all those EV's somewhere  :D
Probably Hornets they can't find a place to stash.  I don't think they've sold even one of those yet.  :o

ebodyproducts

Quote from: jt4406 on September 04, 2024, 04:42:51 AMI hope to be there again this year! Stop by and say hello.  :cheers:  jess t
Hopefully I can join you.  We should start a club!!
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

JH27N0B

I'm getting worried and bummed.  The weather forecast for the end of the week is going downhill.  Probably due to the hurricane/tropical storm heading toward Houston, and the subsequent remnants of that heading up northeast after it makes landfall, just in time to screw up everything.
Keeping my fingers crossed things turn out but feeling discouraged at the moment for sure. :crying: