Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 19th and 20th

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, September 27, 2022, 01:25:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I was excited to see this video yesterday on the feature display I put together.

anlauto

Kudos to you for all your hard work putting that great group of cars together  :clapping: :clapping: :worship: :worship: Awesome display :ohyeah:

Only cars missing were the Volare Road Runner and Aspen R/T , My favorites  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 31, 2022, 10:06:19 AM
A bit of advice to those planning to attend. BUY YOUR TICKET ONLINE!!!. The lines to purchase tickets at the door seemed endless and almost not moving. I was there for the first and only time in 2019 and bought tickets online as a "minor" convenience. Wow...was I ever glad. I was enjoying the displays within two minutes.
Planning to go again this year. Any chance of an E-Bodies.org meet-up? Perhaps stick-on name tags with the club logo?

Well I took your advice ... and the complete opposite happened!! The pre-paid ticket line was loooooooooooooong; snaking through the lobby and almost out the door!! Meanwhile, the day of show ticket booths were only 2-3 deep. Go figure??  :looney:

Sorry I missed you Kevin ... I was wearing my EBO shirt and was hoping you would have flagged me down ... maybe next year??  :yes:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 20, 2022, 04:44:02 AM
I was excited to see this video yesterday on the feature display I put together.

Congratulations Brad!! I thought your display was outstanding!! It's not often ... if ever ... that you see a collection of cars from that era on display. Most gearheads seem to just want to forget that time even existed!! But it DID exist and at the time those cars were the "best" that you buy new. I thought it was a fun display to revive those long suppressed memories of that inglorious era!!  :ohyeah:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: chris NOS on November 16, 2022, 12:25:16 PM
i hope they'll never restore the hemi cuda !if  it's original paint that would be a big mistake !!!

I was lucky enough to be present during a discussion on this very subject between Darryl Wischnewsky (the new owner) and several prominent convertible owners. Darryl had Apex Autosports "clean it up" for the show. Forget all of those dusty pics you may have seen when it was pulled out of the garage - it cleaned up really nice and looks GREAT!!

So what will he do with his new convertible?? I don't know. By his own admission, Darryl said he prefers "restored cars." To kind of emphasize that point he also had his recently acquired black over white '71 HemiCuda on display - fresh off a concourse restoration by Apex. Darryl is acutely aware of the originality of his new convertible and as he said during his discussion with the other owners "it is a bit of a dilemma for me now isn't it??" We'll have to wait and see what he does, but whatever he does, it's his prerogative to do so.   

Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

Quote from: RzeroB on November 20, 2022, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: chris NOS on November 16, 2022, 12:25:16 PM
i hope they'll never restore the hemi cuda !if  it's original paint that would be a big mistake !!!

I was lucky enough to be present during a discussion on this very subject between Darryl Wischnewsky (the new owner) and several prominent convertible owners. Darryl had Apex Autosports "clean it up" for the show. Forget all of those dusty pics you may have seen when it was pulled out of the garage - it cleaned up really nice and looks GREAT!!

So what will he do with his new convertible?? I don't know. By his own admission, Darryl said he prefers "restored cars." To kind of emphasize that point he also had his recently acquired black over white '71 HemiCuda on display - fresh off a concourse restoration by Apex. Darryl is acutely aware of the originality of his new convertible and as he said during his discussion with the other owners "it is a bit of a dilemma for me now isn't it??" We'll have to wait and see what he does, but whatever he does, it's his prerogative to do so.   

Did he pay 4 MILLION for it ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

You gotta love when people make videos for all of us to enjoy.... however it's funnier when it seems the guy has no idea of what he's filming. :rofl: :rofl:

70vert

Yep, that is pretty embarrassing! Hope he didn't get paid for that   :haha:

6bblgt

just home from MCACN & here's a few pics to hold "US" over until Brad's pics drop  8)

one of the few Mr. Norm's convertibles - a '70 440 4bbl R/T
a ~5,000-mile Mr. Norm's '71 4-speed HEMI R/T
the Texas "KING KONG" 4-speed hemi'cuda convertible
a '71 hemi'cuda hardtop at Tom's "'cuda club" Saturday evening party
and a pair of FJ6 "sassy grass" '71 hemi'cudas

6bblgt

you may recognize the color but not the car ..... a "special order paint" factory 1970 Oldsmobile W30 automatic 442 convertible in Dodge's "PLUM CRAZY"  :unbelievable:

6bblgt

a surprise of the weekend .....
the 1985 Muscle Car Review SHOOTOUT cars:  a HEMI Plymouth GTX (couple owners in the past 37 years) & STAGE I Buick GS (same owner)

6bblgt

:takealook: the only production ponycar FoMoCo put a 427 into: a RARE (1 of ~356) 1968 Cougar GTE  :wowzers:

anlauto

Thanks for the pictures Dan, great to hear Tom is still doing the parties, I remember being blown away when I was there years ago...great guy :drinkingbud:

JH27N0B

Wasn't that plum crazy Olds something?  Or should I say wasn't it crazy?
I sometimes step on my fellow Mopar enthusiasts feet saying I've seen so many FC7 cars in my 40+ years in the hobby that I don't care if I ever see another one.  Well I take that back, a GM someone just had to have in a Chrysler hue fascinated me!
Though wasn't there a special order color on a batch of late 60s B bodies that was a GM color, maybe it was Omaha orange?
I survived the weekend. Took almost 500 pictures and I'll need to fight my wheezing old Thinkpad to get my Flickr albums together.
I got to meet Ralph Giles yesterday and he posed with me by my car which was one highlight.
I survived only a little worse for wear. As did my car.
I had a friend trailer it since I was concerned about salt on the roads. When we got home last night he got it out and I got in and found a plastic tab for the 6 way power seat broken off.
I think his foot kicked it contorting himself into it to get it out.
For some reason he doesn't believe in side escape doors on his trailers.  :dunno: