Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 19th and 20th

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, September 27, 2022, 01:25:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 19th and 20th

The 13th all indoor show devoted to the country's finest Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. "The Center of the Muscle Car Universe" says Muscle Car Review magazine. Over 500 prime examples of American Muscle. Wings Over America, Class of 1967 Invitational, Class of '72 Invitational, Maple Leaf Muscle: A Salute to Canadian Muscle, Malaise Era Muscle, 1973-1987 Invitational, Performance Wagon Invitational, Corvette Central Triple Diamond display and competition and more.

Also featuring Vintage Certification for unrestored originals and our fun Barn Finds and Hidden Gems along with Muscle Bicycles, Mini Bikes and automotive only vendors. Held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Minutes from Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

Title Sponsor; Mecum Auctions, Presenting Sponsor; Bill Stasek Chevrolet.

Info @ (586) 549-5291 or bashton426@gmail.com. www.mcacn.com

Check out pictures from last years event at (https://www.mcacn.com/2021-gallery)

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

anlauto

What's this all about exactly ? "Maple Leaf Muscle: A Salute to Canadian Muscle" :canada:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I probably should stop by there since I'm sponsoring the Malaise era muscle display.  :thinking:
A friend of mine has one of the ultimate special Canadian muscle cars.  Its a 68 Pontiac Parisienne convertible, 4 speed, 427.
I tried to get him and his wife to enter the car, and they'd love to have it there, but they spend October through May at their winter home in Hawaii so can't.
Oh well....
I am having better luck with my Malaise era display.  We have around 25 cars registered so far!  I think 8 are Mopars.
The only make I'm having trouble recruiting is Chevies.  A collector is bringing 2 or 3 low mile Z28s.  If anyone knows anyone with a very nice Cosworth Vega, V8 Monza, Laguna S3 or X11 that would be interested in entering to be in this display please let them know!  I never thought I'd be saying I need some Chevys, but I do!
At Moparty a few weeks ago, Ryan and I talked to a guy displaying a never titled unrestored '69 Charger Daytona, it was always owned by the original dealer.  We got him to sign up for the show so it will be there!

JH27N0B

Here is a link to the MCACN page showing the invitational displays
https://www.mcacn.com/invitational-displays
Another interesting car slated for the Canadian cars display is a '71 Swinger 340.  This one is a freshly restored purple example!

johnshotrods

Can't wait for this show !   This will be my first year attending and can't wait to check out all these beautiful cars . This show sounds like it could an OVERLOAD of information . I'm a little nervous about all the unloading and loading of the cars , sounds like controlled kayos .
I may have to turn this into a yearly trip . :woohoo:

JH27N0B

The loading and unloading process is pretty well organized so don't worry too much about it!
The biggest issue that seems to happen a few times every year is a few people will drive their rigs into the hall, unload their car, then disappear for a couple hours with their rig sitting there getting in the way.
Please don't do that! Get the car where it's directed to, then go get the rig out and to the marshaling yard to park it. There's a shuttle bus that will bring you back to the hall promptly.  Then you can detail your car, chat with all your old and new friends, look at other cars, etc.
For leaving Sunday evening, trying to load up in the hall can take a while to get your rig in.  The best trick to getting out quickly is to stage your rig outside west of the hall (on the other side of River road) a few blocks away.  Then drive your car out and to your rig, load up on the street, and you're on your way.  You can be on the road in 30 minutes or so after they open the doors and say cars can leave, as opposed to several hours if you try to load inside.
For those not on the mailing list, the show preview magazine just came out last week. Here's a link to the e-version!

https://online.fliphtml5.com/juqbu/bibw/#p=1

6bblgt

Quote from: johnshotrods on October 30, 2022, 07:31:39 PM
Can't wait for this show !   This will be my first year attending and can't wait to check out all these beautiful cars . This show sounds like it could an OVERLOAD of information . I'm a little nervous about all the unloading and loading of the cars , sounds like controlled kayos .

as you should - I do!  :twothumbsup:

johnshotrods

Quote from: JH27N0B on October 30, 2022, 07:54:10 PM
The loading and unloading process is pretty well organized so don't worry too much about it!
The biggest issue that seems to happen a few times every year is a few people will drive their rigs into the hall, unload their car, then disappear for a couple hours with their rig sitting there getting in the way.
Please don't do that! Get the car where it's directed to, then go get the rig out and to the marshaling yard to park it. There's a shuttle bus that will bring you back to the hall promptly.  Then you can detail your car, chat with all your old and new friends, look at other cars, etc.
For leaving Sunday evening, trying to load up in the hall can take a while to get your rig in.  The best trick to getting out quickly is to stage your rig outside west of the hall (on the other side of River road) a few blocks away.  Then drive your car out and to your rig, load up on the street, and you're on your way.  You can be on the road in 30 minutes or so after they open the doors and say cars can leave, as opposed to several hours if you try to load inside.
For those not on the mailing list, the show preview magazine just came out last week. Here's a link to the e-version!

Thanks for clarifing that , that will help calm my nerves . Unfortunately mine will be in the barn find section and will have to be pushed to its spot along with the engine on a stand . I was asked to bring it just the way i found the car so I'll bring help . did get my magazine last week and looks like some VERY interesting cars on tap .

JH27N0B

Well if nothing else, the Barn Finds area is pretty close to the overhead door in back where the rigs all enter the hall. They'll direct you off to the side to unload and you shouldn't have to move your car and engine more than a couple hundred feet at the most to where it will be exhibited.
Another thing to know if it will make your life easier at the end, is that you can load up Monday morning to miss out on the Sunday evening rush to get out.
Ryan aka AutoArcheologist here runs the barn finds feature so he can give you more detailed advice on your setup and departing process.
My display I found out will be fairly close to the exit overhead door.
We have about 30 cars signed up for it, and thanks to one of my Mopar buddies George who spotted a nice Laguna S3 at a show in the far west burbs in early October and got the owners contact info for me, I did get it signed up and hopefully the bowtie crowd won't feel too slighted, as for some reason Chevies were the only make I had trouble recruiting.  :notsure:
My first go and organizing a display, I'm pretty excited!

anlauto

What car are you bringing ? :popcorn:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

johnshotrods

Quote from: anlauto on October 31, 2022, 05:35:33 AM
I'll be bringing my 1970 V code Cuda numbers matching car i picked up in may of this year . It was stuffed in a 1 1/2 car garage for 30 plus years .

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: johnshotrods on October 31, 2022, 06:58:45 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 31, 2022, 05:35:33 AM
I'll be bringing my 1970 V code Cuda numbers matching car i picked up in may of this year . It was stuffed in a 1 1/2 car garage for 30 plus years .

Hey there, welcome to Barn Finds!  I can not wait to see your car in person!

Unloading and loading is very easy with the Barn Finds.  You'll be in the last group for unloading.  You wait in the line for your assigned time.  You roll in, drop near Barn Finds and we try to roll you basically right to your spot.

I know Brad posted this, but here is the new MCACN Magazine, it goes into more depth about everything going at the show.

If you have any questions, let Brad or I know and I'd be happy to help.  Or if you are really concerned drop me a DM and we can talk on the phone or such.

Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

7E-Bodies

A bit of advice to those planning to attend. BUY YOUR TICKET ONLINE!!!. The lines to purchase tickets at the door seemed endless and almost not moving. I was there for the first and only time in 2019 and bought tickets online as a "minor" convenience. Wow...was I ever glad. I was enjoying the displays within two minutes.
Planning to go again this year. Any chance of an E-Bodies.org meet-up? Perhaps stick-on name tags with the club logo?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 31, 2022, 10:06:19 AM
A bit of advice to those planning to attend. BUY YOUR TICKET ONLINE!!!. The lines to purchase tickets at the door seemed endless and almost not moving. I was there for the first and only time in 2019 and bought tickets online as a "minor" convenience. Wow...was I ever glad. I was enjoying the displays within two minutes.
Planning to go again this year. Any chance of an E-Bodies.org meet-up? Perhaps stick-on name tags with the club logo?

We have added more ticket lines, so this should not be issue this year.
Ryan Brutt
www.barnfinds.org

Cudino

After a few years of covid hiatus I'm looking forward to being there as well!  As part of the Mr. Norm's display I'll be bringing my survivor '71 Hemi Challenger 4-speed, easy to spot with its unique day-2 lift-off fiberglass hood.  But I also helped kickstart the Maple Leaf Muscle display, dedicated to all musclecars manufactured in or originally shipped to Canada.  We've got a killer collection of cars arranged for this display, I think you'll be astonished to see all the great stuff our friends from up north ordered from new.  For this display I'm bringing out my FM3 '70 440-6 Charger R/T SE 4-speed, one of one known to exist and ordered by Western Dodge in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, along with my FJ6 '71 Hemicuda 4-speed ordered by Norvan Plymouth/Chrysler of Vancouver for the owner who lived in Smithers, BC.  While I'm not floating around I'll likely be at one of these two displays, stop by and say Hi!

- Wade