Main Menu

Tim Wellborn 70 +71 Mopar Reunion

Started by worthywads, September 21, 2021, 06:39:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

worthywads

Anyone else going to Alexander City Alabama for Tim Wellborn's 70 +71 Mopar Reunion?

http://www.wellbornmusclecarmuseum.com/70and71-mopar-reunion

Gonna drive my 70 Challenger convertible from Boulder 2862 miles round trip.

Added Holley Sniper EFI a few months ago, looking forward feeling to how she runs below mile high altitude.

worthywads

Still on the road, made the half way return spot last night, I'll post more pictures when I get back to Boulder.  Here's a 63,000 mile U code that hasn't seen more than of few hundred miles since 1985 if I remember correct.  He filled the tank just before parking it here and it kept gushing gas out the cap as the day heated up.  Doh!

I did have a alternator failure leaving Tim's Saturday night, Tom Cannon a FAST driver with a 71 Charger had a spare and loaned me it yesterday morning. Staying at the same hotel and saw us and saved the day, Orielly could get one in 4 hours so Tom kept me on schedule.

Me and my brother drove from Boulder CO to Memphis and finished the drive from Memphis to Alexander City  AR with 2 cousins in his RR.  Rained all the way to Birmingham.

Mopsquad

That's a beautiful car and colour combo.  :inlove:

Cuda_mark

Love the white with red interior and stripes.

750-h2

Marty

worthywads

I made it home today, 13 hours 808 miles.  More pictures to come.

Total trip 3075 miles, thinking close to $1200 in gas.

worthywads

Some more photos, I realize I didn't take near as many as I thought, my brother did, i'll get some more from him.

This is just after the 2 day drive.  I see now I was parked next to Tom Cannon's F.A.S.T. Hemi Super Bee.  Little did I know then that Tom would be loaning me an alternator.  The Hemi Challenger to the left is an original owner car which he'd added the fiberglass hustle stuff hood scoop way back when.  It now has a 700+ hp Ray Barton Hemi.

I'm dripping a little oil on Tim's just cleaned concrete, the front gasket of my intake manifold failed along the way and oil was pooling and dripping down the water pump.....

Sweet 340 'Cuda parked next to us the first day at Wellborn's house.

worthywads

Inside the museum, Tim's Red with White convertible and in the background the previous White with Red convertible getting extra VIP treatment indoor.

worthywads

Video that my brother took as much of the group drove from the Museum to Tim's home the second day.  It's only a half mile apart.

https://www.facebook.com/1635381517/videos/1038575573568926/

worthywads

Fun story here, Tim Wellborn owns this is a unrestored '70 Hemi Road Runner. The couple in front are the original owners.  They are wearing shirts with a picture of them at their wedding about to head out on their honeymoon when it was a brand new car.

They would love to own it again, it isn't currently for sale.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Some really nice looking cars in those pics. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

340challconvert

Great looking Challenger convertibles!
Is the plum crazy vert an A66-340 Challenger? No RT grill emblem, but has the wheel well molding!
:thinking:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

worthywads

Quote from: 340challconvert on October 10, 2021, 08:57:20 AM
Great looking Challenger convertibles!
Is the plum crazy vert an A66-340 Challenger? No RT grill emblem, but has the wheel well molding!
:thinking:

No it's my original 318 B3 Blue that I've changed most things to look like an R/T but decided not to actual badge R/T.  Used the non-R/T stripe of course.

I've had it 28 years, added the wheel well moldings along the way.  Now it has a 360 Magnum motor with Magnum R/T heads.

I made my own 360-Magnum hood badging for fun too by combining a 360-Four-Barrel badge with a 440-Magnum.