Main Menu

WPC swap meet, Michigan

Started by blown motor, December 11, 2017, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

The swap meet that used to be at the Gibraltar Trade Centre near Detroit and was held in January got moved and was held yesterday. I knew there was a change of venue but didn't realize it got moved up a month. Or is there another one somewhere in January?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

I think @MoparDave  was set up there.  Looked like they had a huge booth.  Not sure if it is the same one.   :notsure:

blown motor

Likely the same one. He had a huge display at the old location. Surprised he never mentioned it here.

MoparDave

There will Not be another January WPC swap meet. Unfortunately that location as in Gibraltar closed and we were forced to move locations and date. Difficult thing to do when you have held that swap meet the same time of year for 35+ years. I should have posted this here and the others but. I've been extremely busy at the dealership and running the swap meet. Just cant think of everything all at once. Yep it sucks moving the date for sure. The location is great and we use to set there from 2005 to 2009.
Reason I know this and the club as I'm a past president that has pushed this swap meet to what it is . We had 520 tables and sold out in normal fashion.

Next years winter show will be same place same time. December 9th 2018.  the really crap part is 2019 and 2020 for future planning is jacked as we have NO dates available as the college is booked. With the holidays being pushed up makes it bad. So I have a little time but not much to figure that one out.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

blown motor

Dave, thanks for the reply. @Cuda Cody can you put this on the calendar?

anlauto

Holy crap Dave....you bring a lot of stuff to a swap meet.... :unbelievable: :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I take it you've never been there Alan. He has a huge display plus more stuff in his truck out back.

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on December 12, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
I take it you've never been there Alan. He has a huge display plus more stuff in his truck out back.

Nope...never been...too far to drive for a swap meet .... (for me anyways) :tired:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

I knew it was coming but that was my wife's 50th birthday . . . I just couldn't bring myself to say "honey I'm going to a swap meet today"!   

:bricks:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Anyone can add stuff to the calendar.  We all have the moderator power to make additions to the calendar.   :bigthumb:  But if you have a link and all the details I would be happy to do it.

Quote from: blown motor on December 12, 2017, 09:53:01 AM
Dave, thanks for the reply. @Cuda Cody can you put this on the calendar?

MoparDave

Quote from: anlauto on December 12, 2017, 10:07:19 AM
Holy crap Dave....you bring a lot of stuff to a swap meet.... :unbelievable: :takealook:

26 ft truck and a van full of stuff. I literally bring almost all of the resto inventory and the Store. LOL  it is a ton of work . but gratifying.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

Thank you for doing all that you do for the hobby David.   :clapping:

MoparDave

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 13, 2017, 07:03:16 AM
Thank you for doing all that you do for the hobby David.   :clapping:

Thank you Sir.

anlauto

Quote from: MoparDave on December 13, 2017, 06:53:10 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 12, 2017, 10:07:19 AM

26 ft truck and a van full of stuff. I literally bring almost all of the resto inventory and the Store. LOL  it is a ton of work . but gratifying.

What would your sales be just for that one day, just out of curiosity ? $10,000 ?

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on December 12, 2017, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: blown motor on December 12, 2017, 12:48:59 PM

Nope...never been...too far to drive for a swap meet .... (for me anyways) :tired:

Sheesh, last year there was a guy with a 5 gallon bucket full of 171 master cylinders for $10 bucks each?  Sign on the bucket said show special NO SHIPPING!

:Stirring: :D