Main Menu

Are you planning to go to Carlisle 2019??

Started by Spikedog08, July 18, 2018, 08:52:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Going to Carlisle 2019??

Yes Definitely!
32 (57.1%)
Probably
10 (17.9%)
Not sure YET
9 (16.1%)
Wish I could
3 (5.4%)
Definitely cannot go
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Morty426

Quote from: JH27N0B on July 25, 2018, 09:24:36 PM
So no worries about algae growing in the diesel fuel if the fuel is in the tank for a month and the lift pumps hardly ever go bad and even if they do cost much less than $2500-$3000 to repair? Those are some of the myths my 35+ year head mechanic for a large fleet of trucks keeps feeding me.

I have a 99 CTD QC W2500 Long Bed 6 speed that I ordered in 99.  I have 233K miles on it and let it sit for a month at a time. 

I buy my diesel at a station that sells a good volume.

Never had a problem with this. 

Chryco Psycho

My truck sits too much , so do some of my friends , algae can grow in Diesel , I keep the tank full & change the filters often , never had an issue , I have had 4 Cummins , I had to change the lift pump on one with 350,000 on it

Chryco Psycho

The extra MPG all the time is well worth fixing the occaisional problem like a lift pump

734406PK

We use Biobor for a long term storage additive. For preventing algae growth for 6 months storage or more, no issues. :alan2cents:
http://www.biobor.com/products/biobor-jf-diesel/

RUNCHARGER

Best truck I ever had. I owned it since new though (10 years) and kept up on the maintenance. That's one problem with buying a used diesel, You don't know if it's maintained properly. A Cummins will pull your house down if it can get traction.
Sheldon

Voodoo Child

I go every year, only 1 1/2 hr drive for me!  :twothumbsup:

cordodge

Cuda70-74

Yep every year I plan too. U can find some good deals on used parts
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Cuda Cody

We bought plane tickets today!!!   :banana:   :veryexcited:   :banana: 

Ric

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

PLEASE!  Everyone remember to select E-Bodies.org as your club name when you register for your showfield tickets!  I went to the Detroit Autorama this year and saw Ed from the Carlisle show and discussed the group getting a larger tent and I believe that we have a deal for a double sized tent to allow our group more room to socialize!   I was told we have 19 members already registered which is great for this time of year!  AWESOME! 

If you have never been to the show, the tent is our home base and allows you to leave a chair/cooler or anything else you want to leave!  There is pretty much always someone at the tent!  It will be located close to the same spot we had last year and easy to find with our banners hanging on the side! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 17, 2019, 04:01:25 PM
We bought plane tickets today!!!   :banana:   :veryexcited:   :banana:

Are you flying on a Boeing 737 Max 8??   :Thud:

Just joking. I really do hope you and Jenesa do make it out this year.    :banana:

Tantster

Registered tonight. First time with car!!  WOO HOO

purple1

Got the 2018 in the show this year and we are under the e-bodies.org club. We are just going to commute to and from the show this year. We are a little over an hour away so we are going to save on the room.

Speaking of saving, you only have a few days to save on registration prices.  :takemymoney:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland