Main Menu

Are you planning to go to Carlisle 2019??

Started by Spikedog08, July 18, 2018, 08:52:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Going to Carlisle 2019??

Yes Definitely!
32 (57.1%)
Probably
10 (17.9%)
Not sure YET
9 (16.1%)
Wish I could
3 (5.4%)
Definitely cannot go
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Spikedog08

This is always an exciting event for the group!  Our annual club meet at the best MOPAR show of the year!   If you have never been. this is the show you NEED to go to!  The club has a 20 x 40 tent at the show in the e-body area for all to enjoy!  Bring your chairs and cooler and leave it under the tent and have a place to relax out of the heat of the day!  Plus we will have a club lunch on Saturday and @ViperMan typically brings a keg of fresh beer for all to enjoy! 

Doesn't get any better than good friends, cool cars and fresh beer!    :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

I think we're still planning lunch, but there won't be beer this year I'm afraid. I haven't touched my brewing equipment since last fall with this car build of mine.

Crocha617

Quote from: ViperMan on June 06, 2019, 08:17:25 AM
I think we're still planning lunch, but there won't be beer this year I'm afraid. I haven't touched my brewing equipment since last fall with this car build of mine.

Are you coming in on Thursday or Friday this year?

cuda hunter

There is a chance that I am going to make it out there to pick up a cuda in New York.  Figured I would make the trip during carlisle so that I could stop by and check out the cars. 
  Anyone have suggestions on how to make this work?  I know the hotels will be filled up so I don't really have a plan. 
Seat of my pants type of thing. 
  Is there parking for my truck with a cuda in tow?  How far will I have to go to find a hotel room?  Should I make it for more than one day?
I figure the swap meet is on Friday and that appears to be the best day.  For parts.  Thoughts?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Crocha617

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 06, 2019, 09:47:53 AM
There is a chance that I am going to make it out there to pick up a cuda in New York.  Figured I would make the trip during carlisle so that I could stop by and check out the cars. 
  Anyone have suggestions on how to make this work?  I know the hotels will be filled up so I don't really have a plan. 
  Is there parking for my truck with a cuda in tow?  How far will I have to go to find a hotel room?  Should I make it for more than one day?
I figure the swap meet is on Friday and that appears to be the best day.  For parts.  Thoughts?
I'm not sure how far you'll have to go to get a hotel at this point but I don't think it will be more then a 1/2 hour or so. I would say the best day for the swaps is Friday for sure.

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 06, 2019, 09:47:53 AM

The Hotel6 I stay in 2 miles from the show always has rooms for "walk-ins" all you have to do is ask.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

formula_s

.......The Hotel6 I stay in 2 miles from the show always has rooms for "walk-ins" all you have to do is ask.......

If you're talking about MOTEL 6 next to the old Hoss.s it's not Motel 6 anymore. It's now American Inn.

anlauto

Quote from: formula_s on June 06, 2019, 03:57:00 PM

.......The Hotel6 I stay in 2 miles from the show always has rooms for "walk-ins" all you have to do is ask.......

If you're talking about MOTEL 6 next to the old Hoss.s it's not Motel 6 anymore. It's now American Inn.

Yea, that's what I meant...Thanks for the heads up....I just called and they still have my reservation. :)

anlauto

@formula_s    Is there anything in the old Hoss's restaurant yet ?

69BFan

Just saw over on Moparts that the Days Inn South in Carlisle has changed ownership and that previous reservations are no longer valid for this location.  So if you should have booked a room at this location, you might want to call direct to the location and verify the situation.  Would not be a pleasant situation arriving to find out that you do not have a place to stay.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Morty426

Well I have airline tickets, a rental car and a hotel room.

I'm good to go. 

formula_s

Quote from: anlauto on June 06, 2019, 06:03:56 PM
@formula_s    Is there anything in the old Hoss's restaurant yet ?

There is a new Hoss's location in Carlisle at Walnut Bottom Road. I'll have to find that on Thursday.

Moparkin

cordodge

All booked, Staying at the Scottish Inn in New Comberland, Not far from the show it looks like. Registered under ebodies.org. can't wait first time and happy the Challenger is coming as well.