Main Menu

Are you planning to go to Carlisle 2019??

Started by Spikedog08, July 18, 2018, 08:52:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Going to Carlisle 2019??

Yes Definitely!
32 (57.1%)
Probably
10 (17.9%)
Not sure YET
9 (16.1%)
Wish I could
3 (5.4%)
Definitely cannot go
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

ViperMan

Quote from: Crocha617 on July 19, 2018, 09:56:05 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 18, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
I REALLY recommend it. I've stayed there before. Great restaurant out front ( It was an Irish Pub)and a night club as well. Huge "party area " out back , even has a fire pit.  Huge pool etc....
https://www.parkinn.com/harrisburgwestpa/gallery

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=111397.0

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=108306.0

They also have an indoor pool, there's about 3 outdoor bars with a beach volley ball court, corn Hole game, a 6 person beer pong table, and there was a full blown country band playing in the bar. There were also about 200 people scattered throughout the parking lots doing their own thing.  If you go online it is about $169/night but if you call and tell them you are with the show they will give you a rate of $120/night.

Hey Crocha - did you get lunch at the tent this year?!  I remember seeing you once, but I don't think I saw you again all weekend!  I hope you had a good time!

nsmall

Can someone help me answer some questions.  I have never been to Carlisle.

Besides food, plane, and hotel costs, what should I expect to pay for attending? 

1. Do I have to rent a car?  Is there plenty of parking at the event?

2. How much does it cost to enter? To park?

3. Do most ebodies.org folks stay at the Park Inn?  Is it close to the event?

4. Where do I fly into to?

5. What day should I fly in?  I was thinking of just attending for 2 days.

Thanks.

The event is growing on me.

Chryco Psycho

If you can get to the hotel someone can provide transport to & from so no you do not have to rent a car .
maybe $20 for the weekend to enter but there is usually extra tickets
We have usually stayed in the same area , the Park hotel is a new location
You can fly into Phily or Baltimore , pittsburg or even smaller airports that are closer
The show starts Thursday & runs until sunday , Thurs - Sat are the best days

Morty426

Quote from: nsmall on July 19, 2018, 10:37:05 PM
Can someone help me answer some questions.  I have never been to Carlisle.

Besides food, plane, and hotel costs, what should I expect to pay for attending? 

1. Do I have to rent a car?  Is there plenty of parking at the event?

2. How much does it cost to enter? To park?

3. Do most ebodies.org folks stay at the Park Inn?  Is it close to the event?

4. Where do I fly into to?

5. What day should I fly in?  I was thinking of just attending for 2 days.

Thanks.

The event is growing on me.

Since I fly in from California I'll give you my answers. 

1.  It is best to rent a car at the airport.  There is plenty of parking near the event but get there early on Friday and Saturday for the closer spots.  Parking is $10.  On Thursday you usually can find free parking.

2.  It's $15 a day or you can a 4 day pass for $35.  You can get the pass at the gate.  Parking is $10

3.  I think help stay all over.  I stay in Harrisburg and it's about a 30 minute drive. 

4.  Baltimore.  I've tried Washington DC, Philly and Baltimore and BWI is the easiest and usually most economical. 

5.  If you are going for parts then fly in Wednesday night and go Thursday thru Saturday.  If you are going for cars then fly in Thursday night and go Friday and Saturday. 

Keep in mind this is at least 10X the biggest Spring Fling you have ever been to if the weather is nice,  The weather is the wild card. 

Crocha617

Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2018, 04:19:29 PM
Quote from: Crocha617 on July 19, 2018, 09:56:05 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 18, 2018, 05:11:14 PM
I REALLY recommend it. I've stayed there before. Great restaurant out front ( It was an Irish Pub)and a night club as well. Huge "party area " out back , even has a fire pit.  Huge pool etc....
https://www.parkinn.com/harrisburgwestpa/gallery

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=111397.0

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=108306.0

They also have an indoor pool, there's about 3 outdoor bars with a beach volley ball court, corn Hole game, a 6 person beer pong table, and there was a full blown country band playing in the bar. There were also about 200 people scattered throughout the parking lots doing their own thing.  If you go online it is about $169/night but if you call and tell them you are with the show they will give you a rate of $120/night.

Hey Crocha - did you get lunch at the tent this year?!  I remember seeing you once, but I don't think I saw you again all weekend!  I hope you had a good time!

I was by the tent several times on Friday and early Saturday and kept missing you and Ashley (I did see Melanie a couple of times though). Dinner on Friday night was the only time I saw you guys. My wife had a work party on saturday night I had to get back for so I hit the road about 10am Saturday after a few more laps of the swaps. I'm also crazy busy at work and wasn't able to come down on Thursday this year so I was pretty rushed. Next year I'll be down Thursday again and hopefully be able to spend more time relaxing....

Spikedog08

@nsmall  . . I know when CudaCody came in last year, they rented a new Challenger and registered for the show!   That is probably the best idea as when you add up cost to park and then registration for the show, I think it would be cheaper.  Plus then you are parked inside the show!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Burdar

Anyone getting the itch yet?  It's only 356 days, 17 hours and 30 minutes away.  :D

I probably shouldn't say this but I found a great spot to park the first year I attended.  The first house to the left of the main gate was charging $10 to park.  Literally right outside the gate.  A lot of other people were paying more and having to walk a long ways to get in.

@nsmall you owe me a ride in your Cuda.  You need to find a way to get it to Pennsylvania.  :yes:

1Burgfish

nsmall

Thanks everyone.  I will be Cudaless Darren, but I'll bring my wife.  Anytime you are in CA we will go cruising for sure.

I am very interested in attending.  Never been to the east coast.  Thanks again.

Oh, I remember reading about a bunch of toll roads.  How much should I expect to pay in tolls from Baltimore to Carlisle and back to the airport if I rent a car?

RUNCHARGER

I'm going to try to make Spring Fling again this in 2019 if I can. Maybe the east coast some day but not next year.
Sheldon

nsmall

I never miss it Sheldon.  Did you make 2018's?  I hope to meet you in person in 2019.

RUNCHARGER

Nope: I planned on going but couldn't. I'll make it in 19 though.
Sheldon

Morty426

Quote from: nsmall on July 20, 2018, 06:42:41 PM
Thanks everyone.  I will be Cudaless Darren, but I'll bring my wife.  Anytime you are in CA we will go cruising for sure.

I am very interested in attending.  Never been to the east coast.  Thanks again.

Oh, I remember reading about a bunch of toll roads.  How much should I expect to pay in tolls from Baltimore to Carlisle and back to the airport if I rent a car?

ZERO - you can from one to the other without taking the toll road

torredcuda

The only reason we missed it this year is we are moving to a new house the July 31st and there is lot`s of junk to move and all the other stuff to do. We definitely plan on going again in 2019, hopefully with the Barracuda if I can get it re-done from the fire in time.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cuda Cody

It's looking like 2019 is going to be a great turnout at Carlisle!   :banana:  :veryexcited:   :woohoo: