Main Menu

Carlisle 2020 PICTURES

Started by anlauto, July 09, 2020, 08:15:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on July 13, 2020, 11:42:22 AM
Maybe no refunds....but if you called and told them you could not make it,
you got your same spots for 2021 Paid in full.
I asked for a letter from Carlisle Productions confirming that and received it last week.

YUP....same here, got the 2020 stickers AND the 2021 confirmation letter  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Quote from: indytomVcuda on July 11, 2020, 06:01:42 PM
A few more from Carlisle. Media star CudaGirl (who graciously posed with her car for me), me with Motown Missile's Ted Spehar, my red '68 Hemi RR (my '70 V code Cuda is still a project!), the red '70 Hemi Cuda on the main grandstand stage, and little 'Axle' whose human family had a survivor AAR. Wore my mask & had a great time with two of my brothers! Submitted on I-phone so hopefully right side up!

Excellent narrative!! A HUGE bonus for me when the poster gives a little description of who or what is in the pictures they're posting. Well done IndyTom!!  :bravo: :woohoo: :thankyou:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 12, 2020, 06:39:25 PM
We even won a banner for the 3rd highest members cars that registered.  See below . .  Need to decide as a club what we should do with it? 

:thinking:  Since it's a "team" award ... perhaps someone should be made a "custodian" of them and they should be displayed at shows by hanging them from the frame-work of the "team" tent??  :thinking:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 12, 2020, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 12, 2020, 06:11:33 PM
I'm super excited to see so many great cars were there (thanks for sharing the photos).  Glad everyone that was able to make it had plenty of space to be safe and I'm very happy the show was not cancelled.

We would always make the best of it  .. just the way us ebodies.org members roll!  But needless to say . . The weekend was amazing!  Weather was great as it never did rain although it poured at the hotel . . The breeze was there most of the time and the temps were manageable.  We were down over a 1000 cars easy but still a nice turnout that kept you entertained.  The company was amazing!  Dinner on Friday was satisfying . . Lunch in Saturday was real good and then the pizza party was a relaxing end to a great show.  No complaints from me . . We even won a banner for the 3rd highest members cars that registered.  See below . .  Need to decide as a club what we should do with it? 

Worth the trip every year!

Can't wait to get done my project so that I can add to our numbers!

Smallblock340

Great video of cars arriving at Carlisle Chrysler Nationals 2020:

https://youtu.be/3WvVMM18XBM

Thanks to ROUSHIN84

Mr. Norm Vanderveen's T/A is arriving at 8:18/9:50  :twothumbsup:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Jocigar

Adding some photos, sorry if duplicate..

ViperMan

@Spikedog08 and @cuda hunter - this is the car I was telling you about!  It's a '65 Plymouth Fury III - it was so clean!  Looks like it'd be a phenomenal "sleeper."

cuda hunter

That is a very good looking and extremely clean car!  I'd rock that for sure! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RzeroB

@cuda hunter  so how was your round robin trip all the way from Colorado (Salida??)?? I'm curious to hear how you did it ...  :drinkingbud:
Cheers!
Tom

cuda hunter

I made it alright!  drove all day Tuesday, slept at a truck stop for  a few hours tuesday night and then drove the rest of the way to carlisle Wednesday.  Didn't get in early enough to walk the vendors field Wednesday so I slept instead. walked the vendors field all day Thursday, picked up a few parts that day. Friday I walked the vendors most of the day with a few trips into the show field to the club tent. Saturday I spent less time in the vendors pits and enjoyed the cars with a few fellow org members.  Sunday I spent the morning mostly in the vendors pits looking for cheaper parts and was successful in scoring a few things for cheap.  Hung out with Rich G and his wife Mary on the show field.  That's one stunning car they built this last year.  jf1.
Then I left at about 1 P.M. drove all evening and into the late night, rested for a little while at a truck stop and drove the rest of the way home Monday. 
I really had hoped to go see the parts stash from oldmanmopar on abodiesonly but he just wouldn't give me a phone number or address so he lost several thousands of dollars from me.  unfortunate really. I would have spent an extra day there just to go to his parts stash.

On the way home I bought this instead of ebody parts .........
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I did 90 m.p.h. the entire way.  Avoided one really close accident and had blinding rain in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Ohio.    Only got flipped off twice.  And that was when I was back in Colorado really hauling ass.
Pretty good uneventful trip. 

cuda hunter

A few pics of the drive.

Mr Lee

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 14, 2020, 12:59:43 PM
I made it alright!  drove all day Tuesday, slept at a truck stop for  a few hours tuesday night and then drove the rest of the way to carlisle Wednesday.  Didn't get in early enough to walk the vendors field Wednesday so I slept instead. walked the vendors field all day Thursday, picked up a few parts that day. Friday I walked the vendors most of the day with a few trips into the show field to the club tent. Saturday I spent less time in the vendors pits and enjoyed the cars with a few fellow org members.  Sunday I spent the morning mostly in the vendors pits looking for cheaper parts and was successful in scoring a few things for cheap.  Hung out with Rich G and his wife Mary on the show field.  That's one stunning car they built this last year.  jf1.
Then I left at about 1 P.M. drove all evening and into the late night, rested for a little while at a truck stop and drove the rest of the way home Monday. 
I really had hoped to go see the parts stash from oldmanmopar on abodiesonly but he just wouldn't give me a phone number or address so he lost several thousands of dollars from me.  unfortunate really. I would have spent an extra day there just to go to his parts stash.

On the way home I bought this instead of ebody parts .........

Hey glad you made it home safe.  That's a long drive.
Where did you pick up the barracuda??  Sweet!  Did it come with anything else?  (fenders, hood, engine?)  Or maybe you bought it for sheet metal? 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cuda hunter

I will leave out the fender tag pictures so as not to bore everyone.  If someone wants to see s specific one I might have it, just ask. 

cuda hunter

I don't like yawning cars, but then I can't get the fender tag info to decode. So I wish Friday's the hoods would all be open and Saturday's all the hoods would be closed.    That's my opinion anyway.