Main Menu

Carlisle Cash !@#$%^

Started by anlauto, July 09, 2018, 05:25:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So I just bought my USD currency for my trip to Carlisle :o

At my bank with a US currency account I paid $1.3406 CDN for $1.00 USD....

That means my $5K spending money cost an extra $1700... :crying:

That means that $99/night hotel is $135.....that $5 ham sandwich is $6.70 ....that $200 part is closer to $270....

So whenever you guys down there in the States think restoring a car is expensive......try doing it from a different country.... :'( :canada:

See you Thursday  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I paid 1.3567 last week Alan so I could go and volunteer my time on Andy's Cuda. You got a bargain.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Bullitt-

So when you do a resto for a Merican don't ya get paid USD?   Won't that even out in the end?
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Quote from: Bullitt- on July 09, 2018, 05:55:31 AM
So when you do a resto for a Merican don't ya get paid USD?   Won't that even out in the end?

Nope...I charge in CDN funds, so when I give you a $10,000.00 CDN invoice, it costs you about $7K USD  ::)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Lemontwist

Moral of the story.  Move to USA
Drew

HP_Cuda

Just in time for the implosion.

I don't want it to happen but I believe we will have a downturn and or near the end of this year.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on July 09, 2018, 01:47:52 PM
Quote from: Lemontwist on July 09, 2018, 08:00:04 AM
Moral of the story.  Move to USA
Thanks for the invite  :thinking:

Oh, you're invited but realize your restoration vendors are gonna be hard to replace or if you plan to use them you'll be spending more time crossing the border than restoring cars...

Mopsquad

Before I moved to the US, I remember restoring my '65 Mustang in the early 2000's the conversion rate was 1.6.  That was really painful.  My 5K in parts cost me 8K CDN.

GY3R/T

Just Wait till tariffs kick in......

Chryco Psycho

I tried to move to the USA for 33 years , not as easy as most people believe

71-440

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 09, 2018, 05:17:41 PM

That's because you tried to do it legally.  :))
Joe

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 71-440 on July 09, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 09, 2018, 05:17:41 PM

That's because you tried to do it legally.  :))

Yeah!! WTH were you thinking?   It's sad really, you get here illegally bringing nothing but the clothes on your back, no skills & we accept you.. You try to come in legally with a education, skill set & have been a productive member of society & we deny you access....

RUNCHARGER

I'd like to move to Northern California and can buy a decent place in the $500k US range but I think California politicians are nuttier than Canadian ones. We might do it yet though, things are really getting bad up here.
Sheldon