Main Menu

Carlisle Tent Reserved!

Started by Spikedog08, February 28, 2017, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cbuczesk

I doubt if anybody here knows me but EdB at Carlisle is my brother. I was talking to him about the new E-Bodies site yesterday. I think that Cody should call Ed and tell him a little about E-Bodies and discuss getting a club tent. He'll work with you on the tent. Ed's been a die-hard Mopar fan all his life and will do whatever he can to help the hobby and his show. We grew up in Carlisle so he knows the area well and can help with things to do when you come to Carlisle.

Chuck

Cuda Cody

You rock Ken!!!!   :clapping:  Thank you for helping our site.  :slapme5:

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 02, 2017, 01:56:58 AM
Aha, thats how it works, with the ownership of CC and stuff, very good to know. I notice a drop of action over there now when so many active members are here. I really apprechiate all the hard work by Cody and the admins here! This site just works well. 
I vote for a E-bodies banner, even though I won't come to Carlisle. I have decided that one year, (maybe next), I will go also, would be so cool. I will continue to advertise for this site with my swedish e-body friends, we have over 900 e-bodies and there's only 3 Swede's on this site.

A bit later...: OK, I posted on Swedish FB sites with 8000 members, maybe there will be some more Swede's now.

Cuda Cody

Thank you @cbuczesk  for your help and talking to your brother Ed.  I'll take your advice and give him a ring today.  My hope is he'll be able to get Dave (Spikedog08) one big tent so we can all fit in one spot.  It's a perfect opportunity to keep our group together and help cross promote E-Bodies.org to everyone.  Plus we really are one large E-Body family.  Again, thank you Chuck for your help and looking out for us. :clapping: 

Quote from: cbuczesk on March 02, 2017, 05:38:04 AM
I doubt if anybody here knows me but EdB at Carlisle is my brother. I was talking to him about the new E-Bodies site yesterday. I think that Cody should call Ed and tell him a little about E-Bodies and discuss getting a club tent. He'll work with you on the tent. Ed's been a die-hard Mopar fan all his life and will do whatever he can to help the hobby and his show. We grew up in Carlisle so he knows the area well and can help with things to do when you come to Carlisle.

Chuck

cbuczesk

Here's his contact info:
Ed Buczeskie | Event Manager
Email: EdB@CarlisleEvents.com
Office: 717-243-7855 x131
Fax: 717-243-0255
1000 Bryn Mawr Road, Carlisle PA 17013

Chuck

Spikedog08

Quote from: cbuczesk on March 02, 2017, 07:54:33 AM
Here's his contact info:

Chuck

I have already reached out to ED but I think he is out of the office until tomorrow . . . he is a great guy and has always been very helpful with everything we would need!   

:twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Oldschool

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 02, 2017, 09:01:57 AM
Here's his contact info:

Chuck

I have already reached out to ED but I think he is out of the office until tomorrow . . . he is a great guy and has always been very helpful with everything we would need!   

I wonder if he will allow me to park with y'all this time??    :rebelflag"   :bricks: :Thud:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Oldschool on March 02, 2017, 09:15:52 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 02, 2017, 09:01:57 AM
Here's his contact info:

Chuck

I wonder if he will allow me to park with y'all this time??    :rebelflag"   :bricks: :Thud:

We will make it work just like we did before!   :bigthumb:

Oldschool

[/quote]

We will make it work just like we did before!   :bigthumb:
[/quote]

I appreciate the offer my old friend, but a whole car takes up a huge chunk of people space under the tent. YOu will never know how close I came to just grabbing my stuff and heading south that day...  LoL...

Rev-It-Up

Pixie was wondering the same thing.  Can we have 2 a-bodies crashing the party?   :)
Rev-It-Up

Oldschool

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on March 02, 2017, 10:40:24 AM
Pixie was wondering the same thing.  Can we have 2 a-bodies crashing the party?   :)

I don't know if you remember or not, but I told the Carlisle people that I didn't drive over 900 miles to go and sit with strangers alone with my car. I also told them that I wasn't going to park my car 150 yards away from me while I sat with my friends that I drove all that way to see. They weren't impressed with my answers - that's when the decision was made to put it under the tent with us. The Carlisle folks were NOT happy with us for doing that..  LoL...

Spikedog08

See the way it will work is the members will park next to the tent and since we have a tent already . . We will not be putting up our own tent behind our cars . . So if push comes to shove, you will park there . .. But honestly, the last few years, there have been multiple open spots that you can park no worries.  Although the show states that they have had record attendance. . . Most of it is accounted for with the newer cars .  . . Last year there was a whole field of new challengers . . As far you you could see! 

anlauto

I like the fact that Carlisle organizes the show cars by body style. It's always been one of my favorite features of the show.

I campaigned for years to get our local Moparfest show to do it, but they always said it was too much work.

I think the staff at Carlisle works very hard to run the best Mopar show on the planet, I think the least people should do is follow their rules :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Pixie_Duster

As much as I would LOVE to follow the "RULES" of the Carlisle show, I am also doing a full restoration of a car in less than 6 months to be there, with my like-family friends after 12 years of beginning this dream. I would absolutely hate to be in a completely different section than all of them, just because someone else wants me to be with the rest of "my kind". #allmoparsmatter

I am not going to Carlisle to be judged or to compete. I am going to celebrate an amazing accomplishment of mine that MANY of these members have been a part of for a long time. I will pay to have my "spot" but I think that @Spikedog08 will figure out a way to fit me into our group.  :fingerscrossed:  :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

I agree that all should follow the rules . . . But Oldschool is not going to leave the beast out of his sight so we need a spot by the tent so we can hang!  Some rules are made to be broken . . He doesn't care about prizes / judging or anything . . Just wants to visit with members!  Which is what it is all about!  He won't be taking anyone's spot so all is good! 

:bigthumb:

Spikedog08

Like I said, the last couple years, there have been multiple open spots by the tent . . . Certainly pull right up once everyone is parked and enjoy!   There will be plenty of spots for all to be close to the tent!